Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2005, 03:01 PM

Default First Live O8B Experience

Well ... I'm hooked and I love the varience. I played 9 hours in a 1-2-5-5 game and really enjoyed it. I stuck to what I thought were good hands. Four cards 10 through an Ace and low premium hands. I was only up 50.00 at the end of the day but I did get counterfitted alot, which helped me learn the importance of backup low cards. I did scoop a couple pots and even forced myself to raise in certin situations. I enjoyed the fact that by playing proper cards pre-flop I was able to save myself the huge swings that I had in Hold 'Em. Plus it seemed to me that if you were able to even read your hand you were ahead of most of the pack already. I know I have a TON to learn but this has really got me excited again and ready to learn all I can about this game. Sorry you had to read this crap.

Matt
Old 12-17-2005, 04:40 PM

Default Re: First Live O8B Experience

sounds fun!
i've never played o8 live, where was this at?
Old 12-18-2005, 01:52 PM

In Colorado just outside of Denver. Usually all you can play up there is a 2-5 spread Hold 'Em where people cap the flop with 74o and then chase you down to the river but it appears that O8B may be the great equilizer.

Matt
Old 12-18-2005, 05:15 PM

Live Omaha8 is fun, play is typically "any 4", looser than you will see online IMO

If anyone is looking for Live omaha8 in Iowa there is a good
6-12 Limit with 10-20 Kill at Prairie Meadows in Des Moines on Fridays

They also have a mixed 10-20 Limit HOE game (one round Holdem, one round Omaha High, one round Omaha High/Low), its fun and doesnt get boring IMO, runs on random days of the week, typically Thursday nights and Saturdays in my observations