Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-28-2005, 10:59 AM

Default a hand i think i [censored] up

i think 8/16 hands go here right?

its something like 5 or 6am california time and ive been up since like 2 or 3am north carolina time the day before, im stuck like 2 grand from a 3 handed 40/80 game and now stuck probably like 300 in this game

i think there were probably a lot of hands that i [censored] up tonight, but this one stands out because i really dont know what the best line would have been and i can kind of remember some stuff about it, anyway, i think my small stakes game may be a bit rusty, or maybe i should just be more rested when i play or something

MP, button, and SB are all fairly loose and passive, but by no means horrible, probably a bit better than your average 8/16 player

CO is a bit more aggressive

my image with MP and button is pretty loose and aggressive from when i was playing with them at the must move table, but for the last mad orbits at this table i have been completely card-dead and probably running at something like 7/7/1 or something

Ocean's 11 8/16:

i am UTG with K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and raise, the loose-passive preflop/tight-passive postflop lady behind me folds, the maniac behind her folds, the 2+2er behind him folds, MP calls, CO calls, button 3-bets, SB calls, BB folds, i call, MP calls, CO calls

flop:
Q9x(two [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]'s, i think there was a 9)
i check(planning to raise button's bet), MP bets, CO raises, button folds, SB calls, i call like a punk bitch

turn:
diamond, maybe like a 7 or 8 or something
i donk, MP calls, CO calls(i think), SB folds

river:
blank

i bet, MP raises, CO folds(i think, he might have folded the turn), i say "[censored] it, ill pay you off, nice hand" and call

i may have gotten some of the action wrong and i really dont remember what was on the board, but it dosent really matter, what the best line to take with this hand generally?

im going to get some sleep and hopefully play better tommarrow
Old 12-28-2005, 01:51 PM

Default Re: a hand i think i [censored] up

[ QUOTE ]
what the best line to take with this hand generally?

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends. KQo UTG with a bunch of loose-passives at the table? Muck preflop? No, your raise is good.

Flop I'd have bet out, though, called one back. I don't see being that sure that one of the passives is going to bet for me.

Turn bet I like.

Since you weren't raised on the turn, I like the river bet, too. Then I think you have to fold when raised by the passive player that open-bet the 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]s on the flop, but I'd probably call it, too.

This kind of hand sucks.
Old 12-28-2005, 02:45 PM

Check/3 bet the flop. A 40/80 went midweek??

-DeathDonkey
Old 12-28-2005, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Check/3 bet the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agree.
Old 12-28-2005, 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A 40/80 went midweek??

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, they had a full game goin for a while, as soon as i got called over it broke, then after i got busted 2 guys played heads up for like probably like 5 hours or so
Old 12-28-2005, 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Check/3 bet the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agree.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this is probably best. We'd like to encourage the bettor to fold. There are a lot of other things (like J8 or hands with the A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]) we'd like to fold.

If we get capped or raised on the turn folding needs to be considered. Even with a favorable flop we could still be in very bad shape against KK, AQ, QQ, etc...