Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-25-2005, 03:21 AM

Default Re: 2/4 KK right line?

[ QUOTE ]
What about a check-call on the turn and a lead of about 1/2 to 2/3 of the pot on the river ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this line when I can put my opponent squarely on one pair.
Old 12-25-2005, 03:22 AM

yeah, 125 is fine i guess i usually go somewhere between that and pot or slightly more.
Old 12-25-2005, 04:11 AM

I don't understand this line, and I don't consider those stats loose/passive. How many hands are we talking about here?
I think this is a great line if you want to get stacked ryan, otherwise I'd just lead this turn and continue to value bet with what is hopefully still the best hand. Why dump so much money hoping that he'll stack off with QQ-TT? Against a more aggresive opponent, perhaps this line would be alright, but for someoen that's passive, I'd say leading the turn is better.
Old 12-25-2005, 06:50 AM

I like the way you played it, did he fold or what?
Old 12-25-2005, 07:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this is a great line if you want to get stacked ryan, otherwise I'd just lead this turn and continue to value bet with what is hopefully still the best hand. Why dump so much money hoping that he'll stack off with QQ-TT? Against a more aggresive opponent, perhaps this line would be alright, but for someoen that's passive, I'd say leading the turn is better.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-25-2005, 07:18 AM

I don't play 10 man... but:

I'd raise more preflop, I pot it pretty much every time preflop.

Turn if hes passive I think there is a lot more value in betting out 3/4th-full pot on the turn. Checking-although deceptive, just seems unnecessary.
Old 12-25-2005, 12:07 PM

Default Results.

Villain called with 99 and MHIG. I suppose it is certainly risky to check but I have to wonder if the Villain would have ended up all-in if I'd just bet out the turn.

With cards this low, even though there are possible flush/straight draws out there, I have to put a loose Villain on an overpair. That's why I liked the check on this hand. I figured even though he was passive, he'd figure he was ahead on the turn and bet.

Ryan
Old 12-25-2005, 01:33 PM

Default Re: Results.

I don't really understand this line. In more aggressive and SH game - maybe. How often are we really getting called in this spot if we are ahead. And if we are getting called in this spot with certain frequency by, say, overpair, wouldn't we extract more value on average by just betting the turn here? (and lose less when behind)
Apparently a lot of people like this, so can somebody please explain merits of the turn play to me? Ignore the flush draw if you want (even though I suspect this line will be more successful with FD given that you do manage to CR all in)
Old 12-25-2005, 02:59 PM

Default Re: Results.

Wow....I really dont think 99 is calling this CR more than about 1/10.....that is a really bad play by him. But you are right, probably would have left him 100 or so if you had just bet-bet-bet. NH.