Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2005, 10:34 AM

Default Help me out on this one pls. 2/4 NL Prima - 600 stacks

2/4 NLHE full table

Villain is unknown, but seems solid for the few hands I’ve seen him play. He has taken a few multiwaypots with early bets or been out without committing much to the pot.

My image at the table is aggressive both pf and after flop, maybe a bit to the loose side, but I have only showed good hands at showdown or taking the pot without showdown. Have been sitting on the player at my right hand and his play show he is frustrated and tries to find a new plays against me at every confrontation. Have not been confronting villain yet.

UTG+1 (700) minraise to 8, utg+2 calls, I raise in mp to 40 with red AA (600), folded to utg+1 who thinks for a while and then calls, utg+2 folds.

Flop Qs Jc 3d pot 90

Utg+1 checks, I bet 80, he calls (after thinking again).

Turn 7s [Qs, Jc, 3d], pot: 250.

Utg+1 checks

Whats my line? I have 480 left.
Old 06-28-2005, 10:54 AM

Default Re: Help me out on this one pls. 2/4 NL Prima - 600 stacks

This really depends on what you think of villain's hand ranges. I would most likely check behind on the turn then call / value bet if he checks river. This play is good for deception and unless he sucks only costs you money against KK, AQ, or if he draws out on you.

Another line would be to bet 1/2 pot on the turn and take a free showdown, or if you feel he's capable of overplaying a top pair type hand, then bet more and call a raise or plan on getting the rest in on the river.

enough rambling for me...
Old 06-28-2005, 01:17 PM

His play just smells like a trap, i.e. flat calling a 10X BB pre-flop raise, and check calling the flop. Calling such a large pf raise puts him on a relatively narrow range of hands. The best case scenario is that he has KK, AQs, KQs or AKx in which you are well ahead. Unfortunately QQ and JJ are not outside his range of possibilities. He has 6 ways to KK, 2 ways to AQs, 8 ways to AK, 4 ways to KQs, 6 ways to QQ and 6 ways to JJ. Many players would fold AK to a nearly pot size bet on the flop when you re-raised so large pf. In this case I would like to see the showdown as cheap as possible. I would play the turn and the river in whatever way you think would allow you to do this, either by checking the turn and calling the river, or making a small turn bet and checking the river.
Old 06-28-2005, 01:20 PM

Check behind on turn...call bet on river, you wanna get to showdown here, and once you do make sure u see his hand, before showing yours.