Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2004, 01:18 AM

Default Playing against loose aggressive players

I am in the BB with KT of hearts. One EP limps, one MP limps, loose aggressive player in the cut off seat raises. I call and the two limpers call. Four see the flop (8.5 bets). The flop comes T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. It is checked around to the raiser, who bets, I call, ep folds, mp raises (also a very loose aggressive player), lp re-raises. (I was thinking about check raising here or may be on the turn, but that is another subject.)

These are my thoughts about the two players. The two of them have been battling regularly.

MP would play his hand this way with a good draw, any Ten, or even a medium pair. LP could have as little as two big overcards. I am getting 7-1 which could easily go to 20-3 if it is capped behind me. In the heat of battle I called. When I thought about it this morning, I was thinking that if all my outs are clean I have 5 outs plus a back door flush draw. When I discounted the possibility that mp could have one of my tens and the fact that if I catch one of my outs and still lose to a club flush on the river, or be out kicked by MP, or six other ways I could lose, it seems like a fold. However, how would you account for the fact that I might in fact have the best hand? For instance mp has Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T and EP has A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]k. What kind of pot odds do you think are needed to call here? Against two very aggressive players, how much would you discount your outs, and how do you add back for the possibility that you have the best hand?