Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2005, 01:59 PM

Default Re: Collusion?

I agree about the garnishing from cheaters. My response from Party didn't involve that, but at least they're banning them from the same table. I suppose the fact that I didn't finish ITM may have caused them to not compensate me, although that's not really right. Here's the response:

Dear Keith,

We thank you for bringing this to our notice. We have completed our investigations in regards to the players "TRacing01" and "PittsburghN" in the table 11226.

We agree that few game logs are indeed suspicious, so we have further investigated their activity on our card room. However, since few hands are suspicious, we have sent an email to the players mentioning the game logs asking them for clarification and as a first precautionary measure we are blocking these players to share the same table. They would not be able to play at the same table.

We would be monitoring their actions and game pattern regularly and if we find any suspicious activity we will take necessary actions.

We are glad to have players like you who care for PartyPoker.com integrity and would expect continued cooperation and support from you.

Thank you for being a PartyPoker.com player.

If you have any further questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at alerts@PartyPoker.com and we will be more than glad to assist you.

Best regards,
Harish
Investigations Team

I should note that they responded within 12 hours, so they've obviously got some resources dedicated to policing this stuff.
Old 02-09-2005, 02:21 PM

I was at in a SNG the other night, short stack, down to 4 players, and had been chatting during the game w/ a guy who was now big stack. He folded SB to me 3 out of 5 times, which allowed me to stay in the game long enough to come in 3rd. I don't know if this was intentional, or if he just had bad cards, as it was never discussed. However the person who ended up in 4th accused us of colluding, and said he reported us. I've never played w/ this person before, however one time after folding to me, he stated somthing to the effect of "there you go", and after knocking this other guy out, putting me in the money, I jokingly stated that he had "saved me"(by eliminating someone). I did'nt even notice that he may have been helping me until 4th place pointed it out.
Even if he was helping me, there was nothing I could do about him dumping chips to me, if that's actually what he was doing. Is this collusion?

Old 02-09-2005, 02:37 PM

I don't know much about how this stuff works, but logic tells me that, no, its not. I say that sometimes, "take it", people say that in card rooms all the time. There has to be more evidence than that.

If they do do an investigation, they'll have to search for other games you played in.

Ill bet you anything that guy was once reported for something like that, and whats to get everyone back.
Old 02-09-2005, 02:38 PM

I don't know much about how this stuff works, but logic tells me that, no, its not. I say that sometimes, "take it", people say that in card rooms all the time. There has to be more evidence than that.

If they do do an investigation, they'll have to search for other games you played in.

Ill bet you anything that guy was once reported for colluding, and wants to get back at everyone.
Old 02-09-2005, 02:40 PM

What most of them said is that they would geta whole bunch of people in the room with pcs and a wifi connection and they would share what each other's hands were. Mostly ring games (particularly NL ring games where one hand can make all the difference.

ps. In case you were wondering, I'm 37 so I fall out of the college colluder age bracket
Old 02-09-2005, 07:05 PM

Its not like you could stop him from dumping chips to you. I mean what are you going to do, type "I have a crappy hand, please raise me" in the chat box? If the guy wasnt smart enough to steal your blinds or he just wanted you to finish ITM instead of the other guy and had SOME control of that then there isnt much you could do. I just wouldnt say anything in the chat about it and let them do thier investigation and find nothing wrong.
Old 02-09-2005, 11:28 PM

WOW

so they were talking about online cheating.

that's scary- although you'd think many of them would be caught pretty quickly.
Old 02-10-2005, 12:42 AM

Wow, I am very pleasantly surprised. You couldn't ask for a better response than that.

My sentiments exactly.
Old 02-10-2005, 12:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was at in a SNG the other night, short stack, down to 4 players, and had been chatting during the game w/ a guy who was now big stack. He folded SB to me 3 out of 5 times, which allowed me to stay in the game long enough to come in 3rd. I don't know if this was intentional, or if he just had bad cards, as it was never discussed. However the person who ended up in 4th accused us of colluding, and said he reported us. I've never played w/ this person before, however one time after folding to me, he stated somthing to the effect of "there you go", and after knocking this other guy out, putting me in the money, I jokingly stated that he had "saved me"(by eliminating someone). I did'nt even notice that he may have been helping me until 4th place pointed it out.
Even if he was helping me, there was nothing I could do about him dumping chips to me, if that's actually what he was doing. Is this collusion?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depending on the game situation, by folding his chips to you, the short stack, allowed him to go about stealing chips from the other two and ensuring himself a higher probability of taking first.

I do this often. FWIW, I doubt that he was doing it to be nice, there was probably another motive.
Old 02-10-2005, 11:09 PM

They dont get caught becasue they dont use the chat feature. They literally show each other their cards on the screen. Usually it was in low buy in NL games because one colluded hand could yield the most. Scary, huh