Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2005, 08:08 PM

Default PLO400 - preflop question, Villain has AA so I do....

PLO400, Paradise. I cover whole table by wide margin, Villain has 550$. I am in MP, Villain raises the pot.
I have : A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I reraise maximum , folded to Villain who reraise maximum again. Now I have pretty good read on Villain. He has AAxx here, where xx is any decent two, he would play that with AAKK or AA98 but probably just call with the worst AA like AA25 and so on. He also will (of course) call my allin here. What's my move ? Is my AA good enough for allin or fold is in order ?

Best wishes !
Old 10-08-2005, 09:20 PM

Default Re: PLO400 - preflop question, Villain has AA so I do....

What position is villain? If it goes heads up to the flop and you act before villain I think this is a good place for a stop and go. Just call his reraise and bet the max at any flop. Sometimes it will get all in and you will chop or lose, but that would have happened if you reraised before the flop anyway, but othertimes you will pick up the whole pot when he folds the same hand as you
Old 10-08-2005, 09:43 PM

Sorry I forgot to mention that Villain is in EP ( I thought action description implies it). I guess stop and go is not good play in position cause Villain will be quick to bet any flop (and would be too short to fold to my reraise), nice idea though.

Best wishes
Old 10-10-2005, 07:53 PM

Ok not much interest here, but I will post results anyway.
I reraised, he went allin I call and I won slightly worse coinflip against AA1010.
I was wondering if I ever should fold AAxx preflop if I know that Villain have better AA adn there is already sth like 50BB in the pot.
Old 10-16-2005, 03:45 AM

no your odds are never bad enough to warrant a fold with that much dead money. even with AsAd4h9c against AAJTds... if there are 50BB with reasonable stacks, less 150 ish bb's, you are already committed.
Old 10-16-2005, 04:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok not much interest here, but I will post results anyway.
I reraised, he went allin I call and I won slightly worse coinflip against AA1010.
I was wondering if I ever should fold AAxx preflop if I know that Villain have better AA adn there is already sth like 50BB in the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stacks would have had to be way deeper.

There was an interesting thread recently with some good discussion about AAxx when your opponent most certainly has the other AAxx. Might want to check it out.