Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2005, 06:08 PM

Default Re: Poker Royale Battle of the Sexes

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but he IS the only one with THE bracelet here

[/ QUOTE ]

Hrmm?

Harman has a bracelet in NL 2-7 lowball (and I think she has two, not sure) and Flack definitely has multiple bracelets.

[/ QUOTE ]

When he said "THE bracelet," I assumed he meant a main event bracelet, but even that isn't true as Raymer is also involved in this farce.
Old 02-16-2005, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but he IS the only one with THE bracelet here

[/ QUOTE ]

Hrmm?

Harman has a bracelet in NL 2-7 lowball (and I think she has two, not sure) and Flack definitely has multiple bracelets.

[/ QUOTE ]

When he said "THE bracelet," I assumed he meant a main event bracelet, but even that isn't true as Raymer is also involved in this farce.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are correct. Since I do not get GSN tho, I was not aware that there are other main event winners,(or even other players..) involved.
Old 02-16-2005, 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You are correct. Since I do not get GSN tho, I was not aware that there are other main event winners,(or even other players..) involved.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it's EVEN WORSE than you thought! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-20-2005, 04:39 AM

I believe that the format is there are 6 men and 6 women, and they each played 3 6-handed STTs (a total of 6 individual tourneys), each one with 3 men and 3 women. The top 3 point getters from each gender will play in a final 6-handed STT.

You got 6 for 1st, 5 for second, and so on (and each STT payed $20k for first and less for 2nd and so on).

The 6th prelim is this coming Friday.

I have no problem with the Men v. Women idea, because it's fairly obvious that the men and women are having some fun with it. The "color" is awful, though. Leykis is a dope and Kennedy is woefully equipped to spar with him and they BOTH try to hard to "champion" their side. Poor Robert is wasted as the play-by-play guy.

To date, the men have won all 5 prelims, although should a woman win the final that would mean nothing, I guess.

I think the women are:

Leibert, Harman, Gowen, Ng, Karina Jett, and Christy Gazes.

The men are:

Moneymaker, Raymer, Flack, Vahedi, Paul Wolfe, and Antonio Esfandiari.

So you have the 2 recent WSOP ME winners and lots of other bracelets (but no other ME winners).
Old 02-20-2005, 06:52 AM

Has anyone else noticed how incredibly messed up Robert Williamson looks? Seriously, dude looks hepped up on goofballs.
Old 02-21-2005, 03:12 AM

The funny thing is, this show has nothing to do with the battle of the sexes. If anything, its the exact opposite. To qualify for the final round, you need to do better than the players of your own gender. The other gender is almost irrelevant (not quite).

Once your in the final round, your in it for yourself. Does it really matter how the other two players of your gender did if you finish in 1st?
Old 02-21-2005, 09:21 AM

Not if you finish in first, but if a member of your sex wins the finals, you win some extra money (not a lot, but some). I'm assuming that the "winning sex" means the winner of the finals - that wasn't 100% clear to me.
Old 03-02-2005, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This show could quite possibly be the worst poker show since celebrity poker. The men vs women angle is really lame.

[/ QUOTE ]

The show could be OK if, as you say, they just dropped the men v. women thing. It's contrived, been done, and annoying in one tidy little package.