Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2005, 06:35 PM

Default Vikings continue to self-destruct

Bye-week cruise on the Love Boat.
Old 10-12-2005, 07:20 PM

Default Re: Vikings continue to self-destruct

Hey nothing brings a team closer togather then sitting next to them while they have a sex act preformed on them..

Itll be like in The Replacements when they all go to jail, then dance, then start playing like a team and winning..but with oral sex
Old 10-12-2005, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and winning..

[/ QUOTE ]

I was following you right up to that part.
Old 10-12-2005, 08:17 PM

Good point..Maybe I took the analogy a tad far..
Old 10-13-2005, 07:44 PM

I can't see what was wrong with it, or why people would care. They went so far as to rent a boat and do this stuff away from a public place, which is more than what you can say about 99% of the world. Young, ridiculously rich, a week off, of course you're going to have crazy parties!
Old 10-13-2005, 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't see what was wrong with it, or why people would care. They went so far as to rent a boat and do this stuff away from a public place, which is more than what you can say about 99% of the world. Young, ridiculously rich, a week off, of course you're going to have crazy parties!

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

Besides the women there were prostitutes paid to be there, nothing wrong with that. People are just too damn uptight, besides I bet most athletes do this in a strip club, the only difference is that they rented boats, big deal.
Old 10-13-2005, 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

Besides the women there were prostitutes paid to be there, nothing wrong with that. People are just too damn uptight, besides I bet most athletes do this in a strip club, the only difference is that they rented boats, big deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't see what's wrong with hiring prostitutes? Perhaps what's wrong with it is that it's illegal.
Old 10-13-2005, 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What's wrong is that they are partying instead of doing thier job. This could slide a little if they were 4-0, but if I was coaching this team they wouldn't be allowed to be out past midnight because of the shitty product they have put on the field.
Old 10-13-2005, 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1. The boat has a crew, including waitresses and bartenders. They were rude and offensive to the help, and well as acting (at best) in a lewd manner in front of them. Preliminary reports are that they were insulting to the crew, such that the crew refused to complete the cruise and returned to the dock, and considered calling the police.

2. The festivities were not confined to the boat. At least one homeowner reported a limo stopping out front and a bunch of Vikes peeing on the lawn.

3. Employees have a responsibilty to their employer, especially in a high-profile industry. This is called professionalism. In exchange for taking the money, you abide by the rules, which in this case include keeping a low public profile. Especially when the team is at the public trough looking for a new stadium. They can kiss that one good-bye, between this and their current record.

4. Stuff like this takes up a lot of time and effort better spent on other things, like trying to win a football game. Which again is what they get paid for.

5. The Vikings have done nothing this year to deserve a party.
Old 10-13-2005, 10:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but if I was coaching this team they wouldn't be allowed to be out past midnight because of the shitty product they have put on the field.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you were coaching this team, you'd probably do a better job than Tice. From the St. Paul paper:

[ QUOTE ]
Unfortunately for the Vikings, the focus is on what really happened last Thursday night, when team members were part of a two-boat cruise that allegedly turned into a sex party.

If the allegations have merit, the players involved showed utter disregard for the integrity of the franchise and a lack of respect for coach Mike Tice, who continually has urged team members to behave when they're out in public.

If Tice loses his job at the end of the season, his players' off-field conduct could play as big a part as the team's record. Few things can undermine a coach more than losing the respect of his players. And if that happens, he also can lose the confidence of his owner.

"We'll see as we progress if they're leaving me out to hang," Tice said of his players.

If the players did behave inappropriately, they already have left Tice hanging.

[/ QUOTE ]