Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications

Old 11-30-2005, 03:44 PM

Default caros book of tells

has anyone gained from this book .. im reading it now and it seems a little flimsy .... if anyone has any reviews or experience id appreciate it
Old 11-30-2005, 04:00 PM

Default Re: caros book of tells

Consensus is that he overestimates the # of BB/100 you can make reading tells, and that many pros have studied the book and will try to give false tells. I believe Feeney talks about tells in his book 'inside the poker mind' and says that many tells will be player/situational dependent and much more subtle. In addition, he says if you spend too much time trying to pick up tells, you can miss other important information.

Figure Caro's book as an intro on things to look for and then go from there.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:14 PM

Default Re: caros book of tells

I don't have his book--I have the videos (vhs...). The tells are still relevant. You have to decided if someone is doing a reverse.

But the main benefit of the book or videos is it teaches you to watch people. You don't have to watch the whole table, just key people. When you are not in a hand watch them and see what they do with good and bad hands.