Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High

Old 04-20-2005, 10:02 PM

Default Pot-Limit Omaha Winrates

I replied in the other thread (PLO Bankroll Question) and asked about PLO Winrates but nobody answered, maybe most people skipped it. I know there's plenty of good winning Omaha players here and was wondering if they could tell me (at least the range if you don't want to post your own) of a good winrate at PLO. I've been playing for around 2-3 days now and only have a bit over 3000. I know there's probably a huge difference between Hold'Em and PLO stats and just wanted to get an estimate.

Thanks.
Old 04-22-2005, 02:02 AM

Default Re: Pot-Limit Omaha Winrates

The difference is the dog vs. a favorite that I generally did not find to be there at (full ring) plo (including tough flop and after play). That's the reason I am not sure it's a profitable game nowadays. Looser preflop play might be there, but it's not a major factor at big bet poker like plo.

One has to play a lot of hands; 10 000 might be enough, more comparable to no-limit holdem's 2000. Those being where one might figure to be at least break even. At no-limit holdem the fluctuations are faster (bigger during a short period).

The win rates are different nowadays, since 2005 (super system 2 and poker tracker omaha, it seems). Many places though still have averages of 50% often (though it's less significant than at no-limit holdem, where it's not necessarily such a major thing either, if they are tight and tough after, or when it gets real raised preflop), though 40% gets more usual at upper levels. While up to most players I saw at Parties, including their lowest limit (or the $1000 plo was loose before the flop but they are from the old school, or they got the bots wrong), see the flop, put more money in before the flop, 10, 20, 30, 40% of the time.

It might be the beginning of the time (full ring) plo is going to kind of die. I doubt it's as profitable as holdem as it's easier to play and the edges are smaller. It's a good game to play when ever one finds a good game, or it's more shorthanded, but other than that I will play only no-limit holdem.
Old 04-22-2005, 03:38 AM

Default Re: Pot-Limit Omaha Winrates

Are you kidding? The games at Party are as good as they have ever been due to the switch in blind structures a month or two ago