Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2005, 03:41 AM

Default Re: Hand vs Sklansky

[ QUOTE ]
David has KK QQ or AA

[/ QUOTE ]

that's giving him way too much credit.

I think Schneids has got it here, DS is threebetting with hands that have showdown value. Also interpretting Schneids internet-player-with-a-bankroll image factors in as well.

I'd put DS on AK/AQ, 77-55 & TT
Old 09-26-2005, 03:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
David has KK QQ or AA

[/ QUOTE ]

that's giving him way too much credit.

[/ QUOTE ]

what makes you say this? the top card pairing on the turn and schneids firing when it does would freeze an overpair IMHO. why not call down with a big pair here? IMO this kinda turned into a WA/WB situation.
Old 09-26-2005, 04:02 AM

The obvious play is to never introduce yourself to sklansky (as a 2+2 reader/contributer/buyer of his books) regardless of whether or not you are playing in a game with him. Hard to believe a veteran of these boards wouldn't understand that.

As far as the hand, schneids played it in exactly the way I would expect sklansky to read his hand as an eight. I'm not saying I would have played it different but I doubt sklansky calls here with a worse hand very often.
Old 09-26-2005, 04:04 AM

You might want to work on your game selection.
Old 09-26-2005, 05:20 AM

Im curious (as its DS we are talking about) do u fold to a river raise?
Old 09-26-2005, 09:05 AM

I'm about 95% confident you lost this hand. He's overly tight passive at limit hold em. I wouldn't even bet the river because with the J I don't see you getting called by A highs, though maaaaaybe AK.
Old 09-26-2005, 09:16 AM

id think sklansky doesn't need the hands you all think he does to 3 bet what he would see as the likely fish at the table when the fish (you schneider) opens from the CO.

im thinking AK-AJ/ATs/KQs/AA-77/maybe 66.

flop is 98x, my line while talking to schneids was c'r the flop. if DS 3 bets check call the turn getting 7:1 w/ 5 outs. the problem as schneids pointed out was it kinda bloats the pot and puts money in if behind.

id say if DS calls and an A falls he loses some money (not too much though obviously, as thats the exact situation he's written about). he may also call down thinking schneider could be agro w/ JTs/QJs.

but i think OP's line may be the best here...id have c'red and i think that may be a mistake.

Barron
Old 09-26-2005, 09:25 AM

You shouldn't call the turn with (maybe) 5 outs getting 7:1. The only reason to call would be if you thought there was a significant chance you still have the best hand which vs. a Sklansky flop 3 bet and turn bet is about nil.

I think the check raise lead turn, or check raise call 3 bet check fold turn, or the actual line shneids took except he should check the river, are all good lines.
Old 09-26-2005, 09:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are against what you think is an overly-aggressive player who may be even more liberal in the cut-off, wouldn't you "defend" and isolate via your button with more than this? Would A10o, KQo, and KJs enter the picture, not to mention some other edgier suited connector holdings?

After all, you do have position.

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com
Old 09-26-2005, 10:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are against what you think is an overly-aggressive player who may be even more liberal in the cut-off, wouldn't you "defend" and isolate via your button with more than this? Would A10o, KQo, and KJs enter the picture, not to mention some other edgier suited connector holdings?

After all, you do have position.

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, MY holdings would include those hands. but i dont know how low DAVID is willing to go.

Barron