Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2004, 04:55 AM

Default Royal Flush Bonus

Do bonuses and jackpots ever affect your play? At Pokerroom, hitting a royal flush gets you 100x the big blind.

I was playing $3/$6 in a 5-max table; I raised with Tc Td in the SB and the only limper called. The flop came down Ac Qc Jc, giving me 4 to the royal. He checked to me, and I checked behind him.

I'm not sure what one would call with on that flop, and keeping the royal draw open for the next card was worth (1/47)($300)=$6.38 to me vs. $3 if he would indeed call, so I checked behind.

The turn was the Ks, no royal, but I have the straight, so I beat whatever he has (besides a flush, which I'm sure he'd have bet). He checks again, and I considered betting since the $6 I'd get if he called is close enough to the $6.38 that my royal draw gets me. I checked behind again, though.

Is a good line in a situation like this to check heads-up on a flop like that, but go ahead and bet the turn since the EV of the royal stops being significantly better? Or should I simply be less eager to bet the turn if I'm not sure I'm ahead and the pot is small?

Thanks,
ChipsAhoya
Old 12-09-2004, 05:05 AM

Default Re: Royal Flush Bonus

Don't you have to use both hole cards to get the bonus? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-09-2004, 05:19 AM

Default Re: Royal Flush Bonus

Nope! Just one... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-ChipsAhoya