Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2005, 03:15 PM

Default Re: interesting QQ hand

i'm for a push for the same reasons as kongo. i think the times you're ahead and the times you have outs when you're not or fold better hands makes this a definite push.
Old 11-25-2005, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm for a push for the same reasons as kongo. i think the times you're ahead and the times you have outs when you're not or fold better hands makes this a definite push.

[/ QUOTE ]

what better hand could you possibly get to fold here? KK? what possible hand you're ahead of calls this? K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J?

Pushing makes zero sense to me. If you're convinced you're ahead and want to get the rest of your money in, the better plan by far is to check and let worse hands try to bet you out. What hands are you ahead of now that you're worried about giving a free card to?
Old 11-25-2005, 05:54 PM

I probably would push here but I must say I agree with teamdonkey... Why push?
Old 11-25-2005, 05:55 PM

Please explain.

I think team donkey makes a good case that most of what folds to a push is well behind. While, a check-call allows villan the chance to bluff. I can understand the push if hero didn't hold Qh.
Old 11-25-2005, 10:04 PM

Well, it really depends on how aggressive villian is, about which nothing is mentioned in OP. If there is a good chance he'll bluff, c/c or c/r all in. If he won't bluff pushing is the only way to go. Hero is likely getting nothing from hands like 99 or worse no matter what he does (unless he will bluff). The only hands hero will get money from is TT+ and probably only if villian holds a heart. Altough he might call w/ J J (no heart) etc. If the river is a heart, J J (no heart) is mucking very quickly. So if villian is likely to try to represent the A (or the flush) c/c or c/r. If he isn't, push, w/ the advantages I posted in my first post.