Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 10-26-2005, 11:06 PM

Default JJ in SB...

ive been at the table for like 30 hands or so. villain hasnt done anything memorable. he seems a bit loose, but i haven't seen any of his cards yet so he could be runnin hot.

100nl 6-max
effective stack-65
dealt to hero J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

pre flop- 1 fold, CO calls, 1 fold, hero raises to 5, BB calls, CO folds.

flop (11)- 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
hero bets 9, villain calls

turn (29)- 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
hero...

what is your plan for the hand? i am really lost and completely hate the line i took. villain only has ~51 at this point...
Old 10-27-2005, 12:57 AM

Default Re: JJ in SB...

This is a tough spot...

Is villain loose enough to call a 5x preflop SB raise with a hand that has a 9 or 7 in it? I think the most likely range for villain is AK [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]/AQ [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], maybe KQ [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], QQ-77 (obviously 99 and 77 are unlikely). The only hands here you're well ahead of are TT and 88.

So, lead out for 16, fold to push?

If he calls and the river bricks, i'd check-call (give him a chance to bluff a busted draw if he so desires).