Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 10-21-2005, 11:21 PM

Default Re: tough AK hand...

I rather just check/fold turn than be out of position and building a large pot with tptk when I have no idea what villian has or if his call means I'm beat or I'm very live.

BTW, a lot of those hands you mentioned are going to want to check it down just as much as the hero.
Old 10-21-2005, 11:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well look at it this way, you are ahead of AQ and almost nothing else that is in this hand
-T

[/ QUOTE ]

Dunno about that...the guy could easy have KJ, K10, K9,K8 QJ, Q10, Q9, Q8. Of course he could also have any of the hands that beat you too hehe. There are alot of hands that will call you that you might have beat. However, there aren't many that will raise you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm referring to the action described. Who are the fools you play against? So many of the hands you have described tonight have included you giving people hand ranges of any top 50% hands. Meh, maybe I am reading MHNL too much...

EDIT: Welcome to the forums!

-T
Old 10-21-2005, 11:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm referring to the action described. Who are the fools you play against? So many of the hands you have described tonight have included you giving people hand ranges of any top 50% hands. Meh, maybe I am reading MHNL too much...

EDIT: Welcome to the forums!

-T

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe. Hope you don't think I'm picking your posts, i'm not trying to hehe. But really, you can't see SOMEONE OUT THERE calling a bet with KJ or one of those hands? Like I said, its POSSIBLE, so I bet again to find out. Maybe you play against super tight players, but at alot of random tables I've played at, people don't mind calling down marginal hands.

The reason I don't want to check the turn is because it makes it too easy for someone to steal this pot with a bet. If I bet first, it keeps them in check if they have a mediocre or drawing hand, and its less likely I get bluffed out by a worse hand.

oh and, thanks for the welcome :P