Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2005, 02:21 PM

Default Re: Agression level check for this hand - how did I do?

I think you should call the turn. If he had raised preflop, it would be a different story, but considering he limped the SB, and is laggy, he almost never has two pair or trips. Given that, he might play his hand with a Q, or with two spades. I think there are more combos of spades he could have, and Qs might not even play like that. On top of all this, your turn raise may drive out a Q who would have otherwise bet the river.
Old 11-24-2005, 02:54 PM

Thanks for the reply. This is one of the things I considered at the time. If we cap the turn then do we call if he leads into us river, and bet if he checks with the intention of calling a check raise?

Dave
Old 11-24-2005, 03:11 PM

Thanks for the reply. You bring up some good points about discounting a lot of hands that he would have chosen to raise PF with. I had a feeling that he was overplaying a draw or a pair+draw. The 2 pair hands need to be discounted and the trips hands basically don't exist against this guy. Given that both the flush and straight draws were out there, and the straight draw would hit most every high card, I thought that I still wanted to ensure that more than 1 bet went in on every street (at least until the fourth straight or flush card hit.

I agree that my turn raise might drive out some weaker hands (in the end he had the pair + weak draw hand). Had I known that he was very LAGGY at the time then I would have put in even more bets, but I can see that more opponents could be chased away here. I still can't see that we are WA that often on the turn, though. I am thinking that most hands that I am leading have many outs against me, and that I would rather have them call with the correct amount of outs than get a cheap river.

Dave
Old 11-24-2005, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I either cap the turn or raise the river. It's up to you, but you need another bet here especially if he's LAG.

Edit: I take it back. Cap the turn. I like that much better.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Explain please. I don't see him having 2-pair or trips, and I think it is decently likely that he has a flush, even if he is a LAG. A lot of hands we beat fold to our initial turn raise. Please explain your cap to me...

I assume if we cap we also have to call a river bet?