Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2005, 09:56 PM

Default Nice call, fish, or was he cheating?

Well, here is how it went down in my last hand in my neighbors tourney tonight (for more, see home games). I am facing the retarded level 5 blinds of 200-400 with my meager stack of 1850. I get AK on the BB and push after the button limps and the SB completes. The button calls, and the SB folds. Ok... Here is the questionable part. He turns over 97o. He also just so happens to be one of those dealers who likes to lay out the flop, turn and river at the start of the hand (and still burning the cards like it meant something.) So, he turns over the flop showing 9XX, turn 7, river X. Now, I had pushed several times earlier in the game (with mostly good hands) and he folded every time. I wasn't paying much attention to his dealing, but I think it is awfully suspicious to be calling an all-in for almost half of your chips with a 97o... So, what is my play now? Watch him and call him out if it happens again? Stop playing with the assholes, other than my own game where I can keep things under some degree of control?
Old 11-26-2005, 10:04 PM

Default Re: Nice call, fish, or was he cheating?

Need to get everyone to deal the exact same, like they should be.. in front of everyone... burn a card, flop... burn a card turn... etc... etc..

That's the only thing I can think of ...

Don't play in it if your really doubting it that much
Old 11-26-2005, 10:10 PM

That's mostly what I am thinking too. The problem with that is at most of these, the host just lets the aquarium run things. So you end up with a game where the blinds constantly double every 20 minutes, play stops for people to smoke or go to the bathroom, people who fold keep their cards in front of them, people deal as in the problem here, fish bet less than the minimum and raise less than the minimum, people shuffle under the table, LOVE redenominating chips like mad, insist on playing with big stacks of chips for no other reason than to have big stacks and feel like big men, and in some cases, actually charge a % for the house with this inane BS. And then when you tell them how stupid they are being, want to get in a fight. Lovely bunch these.
Old 11-27-2005, 05:51 AM

LOL.... Dude you got to find another place to play. First you have to put up with this [censored] then you have to pay a Fee??
F'ck that!!!

Remember you have to protect your money like everyone in the room IS trying to steal it. Find a B and M and take a weekend trip once a month.
Old 11-27-2005, 09:17 AM

Nah, this particular one, I didn't have to pay a fee, I have already refused to play in that one. This one I just had to put up with all of that crap.
Old 11-27-2005, 05:10 PM

It could be cheating since they leave the cards on the table, but he had the odds to call. AKo isn't that much of a favorite over 97o, and he could be one of those fish that always think people are bluffing and they must "keep you honest"