Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2005, 10:46 AM

Default Re: I don\'t like this kind of situations. How to improve my line?

This is 6max, don't fold preflop unless villain will only minraise with AA-TT/AK-AQ. Then you are in the bad shape of the millenium obviously. You an consider open raising this UTG by the way, but I personally feel that limping is superior in most games.

As for the flop, I check and reevaluate when it comes back to me. If I read weakness in his bet, I raise; if I read strenght in his bet, I fold; if I read nothing in his bet I call and lead the river for 2/3 pot. Checking and then reevaluating will save you money if someone else has spiked a set or a two-pair as well.

If we both are still around when the ace falls at the river, I don't know what to do. Check calling, check folding, blocking bet. I don't like any.
Old 06-01-2005, 11:26 AM

i would rather be in this pot in your position with 86s than KQo.
Old 06-01-2005, 12:04 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar på:</font><hr />
i would rather be in this pot in your position with 86s than KQo.

[/ QUOTE ]
That is given. Being in this situation (on a random flop) with 86s is nothing short of great. (If you mean on this particular flop, giving you an inside straight draw and a backdoor flush draw, it's a bit more controversial, but might still be true.)

It's still very tight to open fold KQo utg, and it's even tighter to fold it to a minraise. (The latter depends on the oponent though, but in most cases.)
Old 06-01-2005, 01:16 PM

my only point was that i try not to play pair poker from OOP.
Old 06-02-2005, 11:51 PM

Actually, in position I don't really mind playing KQo against a pre-flop raise. And I would definitely call a min-raise from the BB or after I had already limped. However, if there is a raise behind me after I limp, even if it is only a notch above a min-raise, I'm gone. If one of the blinds raises I'll usually play after I limp.

Leading the turn is reasonable, but I still think check/fold is the way to go, assuming he makes a large bet. If he makes a small bet, say less than 1/2 pot, I'd probably call. Then check/fold the river, since that river sucks. Actually, the more I think about it, the more I think that leading the flop and checking the turn is the way to go.

I see a lot of flops with a lot of questionable hands, but sometimes discretion is the better part of valor.