Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2005, 09:56 PM

Default Live home game hand advice...

Home game, NL 15 man tourney. At least 12 very solid players in the group. 4 men down 3.5 hrs. into the tourney (rebuys for 1st hour).Hero 3500 BB: 4000 chips, avg. chip stack 2500.
Blinds 100-200 Hero has 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] on button. 3 limpers, I limp, BB raises to 800. 2 callers, I call.
Flop: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] BB bets 1000, everyone folds to me, I call. Turn: 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] BB checks, I check, River: K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] BB bets 1000, I am hoping that BB has AK, but put him on QQ or KK based on his raise from the BB. I call, he turns KK and takes pot, crippling me.
Questions:
My thinking - the BB is my biggest competition, I have a chance to cripple him early on with no flush or straight draw on the board - I feel that after the flop I am in a commanding position.
1) The BB is probably one of the best players in the room, I am 90% certain he has a big pair, and not aces only 2 outs to beat me (Q or K). Should I have taken the pot down after the flop?
2) After the check on the turn, should I have thrown a teaser bet and try to bring him all in?
I held my last 700 or so chips and manged to finish 7th while the BB went on to win? Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks.
AcesKracked
Old 11-08-2005, 10:25 PM

Default Re: Live home game hand advice...

don't check the turn. you don't want to play scared, but the slowplay was done very poorly. When you slow play, you want a crazy super monster hand that will make your opponent a second best hand. For all i know, QJs is possible(home game playes often do stuff like that), since the continuation bet is standard, and it bought him a free river. Should have bet the turn.