Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2005, 09:33 AM

Default Two hands from a live heads-up tornament for comment

Against a player who I consider to be better than me, so beforehand I'd decided I'd be happy to play for all the chips in a 50/50 situation ... indeed, that was probably my best chance.

Hand 1

Both about even (i have a slight lead), playing maybe 35 mins. I'd been the more agressive, but not by much ... no huge pots yet. Biggest hand when we'd both shown down top pair of Queens, I'd won with a better kicker. No all-ins yet.

preflop: Hero is BB with J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Villain posts SB t75, Hero posts BB t150, <font color="red">Villain raises to t350</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to t1050</font>, <font color="red">Villain raises to t2795 (all-in)</font>, Hero folds

Hand 2

After that set-back I'd gotten more agressive, bluffed all-in on a few raggedy looking flops ... but also gone all-in on the river, after I'd slow played top pair of queens on the flop, which had turned into a full-house by the river. My opponent folded (river also put a 3-flush on board), but made it clear she thought I was bluffing and that she was ahead. That had gotten me back into a very slight lead.

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Villain posts SB t150, Hero posts BB t300, Villain calls t150, Hero checks

Flop: (t600) 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="red">Hero bets t700</font>, <font color="red">Villain raises to t2675 (all-in)</font>, Hero calls t1965

Any comments on either hand appreciated