Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2005, 10:50 AM

Default Best way to play a tough hand...

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (9 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero folds.

Villian is Blackstone. He is a tough LAG. Stats are
35/22/2.0/40 over 7000 hands. Doesn't seem to get to out of line as far as I've seen. Do we like my line or is a call/call a better use of 2 bets?

Initial raiser is 52/32/1.4/44 over 1878 hands. KQ is normally a 3-bet but I had 3-bet him quite a bit lately and decided to take a more passive track this particular hand. I'm not sure if it was a good idea even so.

Krishan
Old 11-09-2005, 11:00 AM

Default Re: Best way to play a tough hand...

how's a flop C/R? I usually C/R and lead unless I get 3-bet, then I "reevaluate" (which means I don't have a concrete plan and I hate it when it happens [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )
Old 11-09-2005, 11:16 AM

At first, I also would have suggested c/r the flop, in a desperate hope to get cheaper information. But up against one (or two?) LAGS, I don't know whether that's really possible.

I think I vote for just calling the turn, since you are closing the action. Maybe you'll get away with only having to call one more bet on the river for a showdown.
Old 11-09-2005, 11:59 AM

Location: I\'m a FAG:Frugal Aggressive(Not that there is anything wrong with that)

i like a pf 3-bet, but you have already given reasoning for not doing so and as such i understand. it is necessary to change gears from time to time. i like a call on the turn as you have a tough pf 3 bettor who likely has a better hand but may not. in fact i like a calldown in general.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:14 PM

I think a preflop 3-bet is better, but you seem to recognize that and were just mixing things up, which is fine. After that I think you played it perfectly as long as you could count on somebody betting the turn behind you.