Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2005, 09:33 PM

Default Re: How do u plan your poker?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
so noone seems to cash out $1000 a month which I was hoping to do... I figured if I make 8 PTBB/100 it would take like 2-3 hours/day 4-tabling 0,5-1 do be able to do that. Is this just a naive dream of mine???

[/ QUOTE ]

I 3 tabled NL100 for about 6 months and I'd start with a bankroll of 2200 and about every month I cashed out back down to this amount. I think I averaged about 1500 a month and played maybe 30 hours a week with a lot of that time coming on weekends. Obviously variance played a big factor, so that's just an average.

Edited to add what I mean by variance being a factor--for example, one month i made 3-4 grand and in another i made a little under a grand.

[/ QUOTE ]

so this is about 3.5-6PTBB/100?
Old 11-11-2005, 06:20 AM

Yes that's what I want to do, get better and build my BR so that I can play at higher levels, but right now I have to cash out $1000 a month since it's my only income.
My computer crashed a short time after I finally got Poker Tracker so I don't really know how many PTBB's I'm able to do. What do you think is a reasonable amount? I had 8PTBB/100 for 6K hands and I believe I'm amongst top 10% at NL50/NL100. I have some decent tourney wins and I'm reading a lot on this forum, not posting though...
Old 11-11-2005, 07:07 AM

I play 4-5 hours a day 7 days a week and pull about 300$ on average playing 25$ and some 50$ on weekends a week. I expect this to go up a bit once i start mastering my problems, this being effects of emotion, lack of concentration all day, not multitabling, and bettering my sofistcated play. I made 1600$ in oct. but this month i have ran bad and am even for the first 11 days.

I Have a idea to get a job graveyard shift at a halfway house for teens, where most of the time is spend sitting around. I want to get wireless internet and play 5 hours at work, and 3 be4 work at prime time. It should work out well if my brain doesn't explode [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Oh i try to play only when its at least "kinda fun" and avoid playing right when i wake up, or when im tired a lil before bedtime. Thats Poker reseach time for me usually
Old 11-11-2005, 10:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes that's what I want to do, get better and build my BR so that I can play at higher levels, but right now I have to cash out $1000 a month since it's my only income.

[/ QUOTE ]

This should be pretty easy 3-4 tabling nl 100 putting in 30ish hours a week.
Old 11-11-2005, 10:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You are in college? what major? im just starting college and find that it is hard to go to school, have a job, and play poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am in college, yes. Math major/searching. I don't have any jobs besides poker though.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:00 PM

Me neither Xorbie, that is my main source of income. I'm obviously not making a killing, but I'm making just as much as my friends weekly who have part time jobs and oh yeah, it's not work, I love to play. Once winter break hits, I'm going to try to build a bankroll through playing and other means and perhaps move up.