FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Call Push or Fold
Fold 9 39.13%
Push 14 60.87%
Call 0 0%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-25-2005, 09:33 PM

Default Re: Party Football Promo - Week #3

Should I wait for Sniper to answer or will it be too late by then? Argh I'll just do my own research.
Old 12-25-2005, 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Should I wait for Sniper to answer or will it be too late by then? Argh I'll just do my own research.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well if you put over for the rushing yards you'd better answer Yes for the TOP. If NE racks up that much yardage they will control most of the clock thus NYJ would have a TOP of less than 28 minutes...
Old 12-25-2005, 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry Toss, I didn't add any extra info because I felt that I really gave enough info on this one in my repy to the last question...

In their last game 3 weeks weeks ago... NE controlled 38 of 60 minutes.

Here's the Jets TOP game by game...
31:29, 33:59, 25:34, 21:59, 26:49, 21:25, 26:38, 26:56, 28:47, 17:32, 33:19, 21:50, 35:38, 34:02
Old 12-25-2005, 11:05 PM

Thanks a lot Sniper. I shouold be apologizing for not reading this thread throughly enough. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks again for being posting all the help for every single question.
Old 12-25-2005, 11:09 PM

Here's some commentary on the game...

Patriots Are Way Too Much for Jets
By John MacKenna

Monday night's game between the New England Patriots and the New York Jets at The Meadowlands is a mismatch, and the outcome is nearly meaningless, but the Patriots have plenty of motivation to play hard.

Although dominant of late, Bill Belichick's team is only three weeks' removed from a 26-16 loss to the Kansas City Chiefs and only seven weeks' beyond losing to the Indianapolis Colts, 40-21, and falling to 4-4.

Whatever progress the 9-5 Patriots have made in the last three weeks will be washed away if they struggle against the 3-11 Jets, who have lost their quarterback, their running back, their best offensive lineman and eight of their last nine games.

The Jets are 32nd in the NFL in scoring, and the Patriots have held their last three opponents to 3.3 points a game. Nothing short of annihilation will be acceptable.

New England once again needs to re-establish its rushing attack. After averaging 152 yards rushing in their first two December games, the Patriots ran for only 83 yards by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in last Saturday's 28-0 win. RB Corey Dillon averaged only 2.5 yards per carry, and he needs to bust loose in the first half against New York.

When these two teams met on Dec. 4 in Foxboro, New England rushed for 146 yards, with Dillon gaining 65 yards on 16 carries. He should look to get 80-plus yards by halftime on Monday then take most of the second half off and let Heath Evans, Patrick Pass and Kevin Faulk share the load.

After being pass-happy for much of the season, the Patriots have run the ball on 73 of 146 plays over the last two games. Look for them to maintain that kind of balance against the Jets.

Three weeks ago against the Jets, QB Tom Brady completed 27 of 37 passes for 271 yards, and he could use another good game this week. Brady has completed 76 of 106 passes for 858 yards over the last three games, and he has done it without a full complement of weapons. WR David Givens has caught 14 balls for 222 yards since returning from injury on Dec. 4, but TE Ben Watson sat out the last game with a head injury after fellow TE Daniel Graham missed the two previous games with a shoulder injury.

Maybe this will be the week when the Patriots finally line up their five most dangerous receivers at once: Givens and Deion Branch at wide receiver, Graham and Watson at tight end, and Faulk at running back. None of them appeared on the injury list this week.

The Jets have been tough against the pass, holding opponents to 172.4 yards per game, third best in the NFL. Former Patriots' CB Ty Law was named to the Pro Bowl this week, but he'll need lots of help if the Patriots have all their receivers available. Fellow cornerback David Barrett has come up with five interceptions, second on the team to Law's six. Safeties Erik Coleman and Kerry Rhodes have three picks between them.

While the Jets' defense can put up a fight, their offense is moribund, ranking last in the NFL in scoring (13.5 points per game) and 28th in yards per game (256.6).

Third-string QB Brooks Bollinger will run the offense, and the rushing chores will be handled by the backups to Curtis Martin, who is out for the season with a knee injury. Cedric Houston has rushed for 154 yards in the last two games. Other options are FB B.J. Askew, who gamed 54 yards on nine carries against the Raiders two weeks ago, and former Chief Derrick Blaylock, who could return this week after missing the last nine games with a broken foot.

The Jets are also missing Pro Bowl C Kevin Mawae, who is out for the season.

When the teams met three weeks ago, New England held New York to 164 yards of total offense, 12 first downs and a field goal and controlled the ball for 38:10 (to 21:50 for the Jets.) Bollinger completed only 15 of 37 passes for 135 yards, and Martin struggled to gain 29 yards on 15 carries.

Since then, the Jets have staged a mini-revival, beating the Oakland Raiders 26-10 to end a seven-game losing streak, then taking a 17-10 third-quarter lead over the Dolphins in Miami last week before falling, 24-20. Against the Dolphins, Bollinger had the best game of his young career, completing 28 of 42 passes for 327 yards and two touchdowns with no interceptions.

While the Jets would like to pose a similar threat to New England, the Patriots' defense surely has different ideas, along the lines of total domination, and why not? They have held their last three opponents to averages of 28.3 yards rushing and 162 yards of total offense. They're looking to continue their improvement, and they're playing the NFL's least potent offense.

Look for New England's front seven--now playing as well as any Patriots' front seven from the last five years--to hold the Jets' rushing attack to under 30 yards while getting heavy pressure on Bollinger. The Jets have good receivers in Laveranues Coles and Justin McCareins, but Bollinger will be under too much pressure to find them. After logging just 16 sacks through 11 games, the Patriots have 11 in their last three. Look for them to add at least six more against Bollinger.

Prediction: Patriots 24, Jets 0
Old 12-26-2005, 09:43 PM

Default Summary

Question Summary...

1) Which team will win the game on December 26th?
2) Will the NE QBs complete greater than or equal to 65% of their passes?
3) Will the NYJ punter(s) average greater than or equal to 40 yards per punt?
4) Will NE have greater than or equal to 140 overall rushing yards?
5) Will the NYJ have possession of the football for less than or equal to 28 minutes?
Old 12-26-2005, 10:20 PM

Default Re: Summary

I am not feeling good about picking under 140 rushing yards...
Old 12-26-2005, 10:30 PM

so far, new england looks like that 140 is not gonna be a problem. now, hopefully new england will just make the jets turn it over the rest of the way, and that 42 punt avg will hold up!
Old 12-26-2005, 10:55 PM

Default Re: Summary

1st Qtr update...

NE 7 - NYJ 7
Brady 3/7 passing = 42.8%
Graham Punting = 2/79 = 39.5 yds
NE Rushing = 49 yds
NYJ TOP = 3:22
Old 12-26-2005, 11:15 PM

woohoo, graham finally got into one good. avg is up to 43.5!