Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2005, 07:48 PM

Default Re: Daniel Negreanu aka Rick\" Wildthing\" Vaughn

Stop insulting him! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Stop speaking about him in a derogatory manner! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

He knows more than you'll ever know about this game. He knows what he's doing and he knows what he's talking about! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Put an end to all the critisixm! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 09-29-2005, 08:25 PM

I am going to have to agree with a lot that has been said. It certainly seems like priorites have changed in his life. It's a very fine line and from what he writes it certainly seems like he has lost his edge.

He needs to look at Tiger Woods, who has balanced outside demands for his time with his desire to be the best golfer he can be. It might be a different situation though, that Daniel thinks maybe poker is not going to last so he wants to get as much money from outside sources as quickly as he can before it dries up.
Old 09-29-2005, 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Stop speaking about him in a derogatory manner! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

He knows more than you'll ever know about this game. He knows what he's doing and he knows what he's talking about! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Put an end to all the critisixm! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Suck a dyck.
Old 09-30-2005, 05:03 PM

I think he's smarter to take guaranteed endorsement money when he can get it, even if it digs into his non-guaranteed poker money.
Old 10-03-2005, 02:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

please go back to the daniel negreanu forums.
Old 10-03-2005, 02:54 AM

People need to realize that Daniel has virtually no hope of having another year as good as 2004 no matter how well he plays.
Old 10-03-2005, 05:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hell, I just read that Esfandiari got a book deal so cashing in seems to be the rage.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea d0od, I mean if a hardcore purist like tha magician sells out, anyone can.
Old 10-03-2005, 06:17 AM

I don't think it's the most unreasonable thing when he's at the top of his game.

I just think that for whatever reasons this year, whether personal, professional, or whatever, he hasn't focused on it the way he should. I have no idea how his HU matches are going, but at first he was on the ass end of that too.

tell you what, the OP is right - the Rick Vaughn analogy is almost dead on.

RB
Old 10-03-2005, 12:26 PM

Well he found god, got married to a christian chick, has turned his interests to business. Same thing happened to my older brother and he's a boring pussy now that doesn't put energy into his old interests anymore.
Old 10-03-2005, 01:37 PM

I dont think his Christianity has anything to do with it, more of his focus on business etc. Doyle Brunson is also a Christian who is married to a "Christian chick" and he seems to have had a pretty good career.

Maybe DN needs to get his poker focus off Stacked and interviews and being an ambassador for the game and back on his game.