Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2005, 01:46 AM

Default Re: Missed ESPN last night, which ones did they cover?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He got lucky on the actual river multiple times. The TV coverage made it seem like he was chasing his draws a lot. How true that actually was, I don't know.

[/ QUOTE ]

He was priced in and played correctly each of the hands i saw. Oh yah he's going to fold a 4 flush on 6th heads up with 20% of his stack in the pot, riiiiight. Norman chad is a [censored] joke. Yah norm, that was really 'chasing'.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am no stud expert, but if I understand even a little then the commentary was the some of the worst that I have heard. I remember one hand where Chad was on one of his rants about losers chase in stud so on and so on .... and the guy had a freakin' straight flush draw. Chad acted like you should never play a drawing hand. Actually I think the opposite is true. It's frequently correct to chase in stud, much more so than in holdem. Chad was acting like you shouldn't be calling one bet on 6th streat with an open-ender because "only losers chase in stud."
Old 09-22-2005, 12:01 PM

Normans comment is just another sign of how badly ESPN needs to start looking at stack sizes and pot sizes. Horrible coverage.
Old 09-22-2005, 10:10 PM

I think Norm was joking that chasers always lose, after he said that he added that 'but with a straight and flush draw, he has to call' which is correct.
Old 09-23-2005, 06:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think Norm was joking that chasers always lose, after he said that he added that 'but with a straight and flush draw, he has to call' which is correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also my recollection.

I remember Norm dissing a guy chasing an open straight draw and an inside straight draw on 4th/5th street when indications were that the hand was beat. Same with some of Sorenson's (sic) flush draws. In those cases, he was right so far as I remember.

I also remember "gentle" Joe Awada being kind of a self-entitled smack talker.