Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2005, 02:35 AM

Default Second nuts against lags.

Second hour of small buy-in MTT.
MP2 is a complete fish, CO seems to be able to play and is in the top 10 in chips.

PokerStars (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of 75.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB (poster) completes, Hero checks.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

River: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero ???

Should I just call in case I'm against JT or would I be losing value if I did that?
Old 10-29-2005, 03:26 AM

Default Re: Second nuts against lags.

CO wasn't raising JT on the turn, jam it up.
Old 10-29-2005, 06:23 AM

KneeCo - Bottom line: If you give CO credit for knowing the game, I think you just call the raise on the river.

When CO raises your 2nd round bet, I think you have to tentatively put CO on either 33XY, J3XY, or JAXY. Possibly just JXYZ.

Then you make your boat on the turn, bet, and are raised again by CO. You re-raise and CO makes it four bets. It's looking a lot like CO has J6YZ, maybe as J36Z or JA6Z.

Then you bet the river and are raised. Doesn't seem as though a player who knows the game would raise you here with anything less than jacks full of sixes (the same hand as you). And CO could possibly have jacks full of tens.

Maybe I'm giving CO too much credit, but you indicated he "seems to be able to play." I can't imagine a player who knows the game betting like this without at least the same hand as you - and there is a distinct possibility CO has a better full house than you.

Assuming CO knows the game, I'd put CO on either jacks full of sixes or jacks full of tens. Very hard to tell which.

Because of the strong possibility CO has jacks full of sixes (the same as you), I think you have to at least call. But because of the strong possibility CO has jacks full of tens, I don't think you should raise!

Just my opinion.

Buzz
Old 10-29-2005, 02:24 PM

A lot depends on CO's opinion of your game. If CO seems to respect you, I'd just call. If CO doesn't respect you, or doesn't know you, I'd raise.