Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2005, 12:17 PM

Default Re: Can someone who is 30/20 post a starting hand chart?

[ QUOTE ]
would you mind hosting the .xls file?

[/ QUOTE ]

I will. Im going to get some sleep, go over it again then host it.

Just be warned it does push marginal hands. Along with me and what my friends came up with, I referenced the Mbenhoe chart, King Yao's Open Raising standards for shorthanded 3-6handed games(I will try and find the link to this), the chart IGM posted, etc. So basically its pushing a good amount of what can be pushed, and might take u out of your comfort zone.

Again when I throw it up, critiques will be welcome as I know some of u will have questions on situations with suited aces, Kx suited, and Jx suited...etc. Anyway, I will either host it here or in a new thread. Here might be best.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
would you mind hosting the .xls file?

[/ QUOTE ]

I will. Im going to get some sleep, go over it again then host it.

Just be warned it does push marginal hands. Along with me and what my friends came up with, I referenced the Mbenhoe chart, King Yao's Open Raising standards for shorthanded 3-6handed games(I will try and find the link to this), the chart IGM posted, etc. So basically its pushing a good amount of what can be pushed, and might take u out of your comfort zone.

Again when I throw it up, critiques will be welcome as I know some of u will have questions on situations with suited aces, Kx suited, and Jx suited...etc. Anyway, I will either host it here or in a new thread. Here might be best.

[/ QUOTE ]

Browsing over what you posted earlier it appears to play about what I'm at with a few deviations and I think it would be instructive to further solidify my preflop play by thinking critically about a lot of my marginal preflop decisions and compare them to this chart as well.
Old 11-17-2005, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The same could be said for blanket statments like yours.

[/ QUOTE ]

arent charts the ultimate blanket statements?
Old 11-17-2005, 02:18 PM

ok, heres what i think of your chart: understand that my criticisms are regarding general is situations. obviously, some of these plays are correct against some opponents.

1. aqs is a fold vs a 3bet. 1010/99 are far closer to calls or raises here.

2. openlimping 44-22 is gross.

3. advocating calling 3cold with ajs is abominable.

4. 3betting a9/a8, k10-k8s vs a co raise is only good against an aggro co. k8 is especially low.

5. qj, q10, and j10 vs a co raiser certainly should not be routine unless the guy gives up on the flop easily. i would prefer a coldcall against most lagtards even. these are hit or miss hands, so you might as well coldcall and bring the blinds along since these hands play well multiway.
Old 11-17-2005, 02:27 PM

I wouldn't call JTs utg standard. I started out playing SH raising that and QTs- after about 20,000 hands i dropped them both from UTG (6handed)- I occasionally thorw them in now, but i wouldn't be surprised if you took a poll to see basically a 60/40 split on weather to raise them utg.
Old 11-17-2005, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't call JTs utg standard. I started out playing SH raising that and QTs- after about 20,000 hands i dropped them both from UTG (6handed)- I occasionally thorw them in now, but i wouldn't be surprised if you took a poll to see basically a 60/40 split on weather to raise them utg.

[/ QUOTE ]

I raise them.

Krishan
Old 11-17-2005, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2. openlimping 44-22 is gross.

3. advocating calling 3cold with ajs is abominable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Victor, which is worse: "gross" or "abominable"?

I need to know for the fish chart I'm thinking of making.
Old 11-17-2005, 06:33 PM

Who said anything about open limping 44-22, that is horrible unless u are in an extreme circumstance UTG in a super passive-loose game that plays like a full game, w/ most of the raising preflop coming from u. The CC 3bet w/ AJ is a left over from whatever was on this chart from before. Any of the items in green are meant to be against an agro lag/Co raiser. In the new chart they are labeled soemthing like "3B3" meaning: "3bet lone lag or aggressive CO raiser, call w/ three or more in".

As far as JTs utg. Depends on the game, if Im going to be re-raised HU out of position a good amount, how tight/loose the table is playing, etc.
Old 11-17-2005, 09:12 PM

Dids,

You know from my posts that I can play SH. My main goal of this post was to compare my style to a polar opposite that is also a winning. For the life of me, I can't figure out how anyone can play 30/20 and still make these calls +ev and thats why I asked for a chart. By comparing my starting hands w/those of looser players, I might be able to find some places I can add some ev. I'm not looking for a formula to play 30/20 as I don't think I will ever approach that, just looking for someone to help shine a light on some of places I may be missing pf.
Old 11-17-2005, 11:10 PM

Like Stox says, whether u know how to play or not, making a chart could be a good baseline and at the very least makes u focus on preflop desicions a little more while doing. Makes u really work on why do what u do...which is nice as most of the time u are runnning on autothink.

Also, say I find someones chart, or run across one...they play a certain hand in a general situation or have it maked to play and I dont play that hand...I want to know why. I dont like folding if I dont have to and any more hands I can profitably add regardless of how marginal or hard to play...makes my game stronger and forces me to play better. (imo anyway)