Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2003, 05:39 PM

Default no all ins?

Would someone take a few seconds and explain to me why pokerstars has nolimit tables with no "all ins" allowed? Im thinking of putting some money into that sight and was just nosing around to see what the tables were like when I noticed this "oddity". If your not allowed to go all in, how close to all in can you go? Any comments and or details on how this works would be appreciated.
Old 11-28-2003, 06:21 PM

Default Re: no all ins?

You actually can bet all-in, it's referring to something else with the same name where you can't be deemed all-in if you get disconnected mid-hand.

You've probably heard this already but to give an example: if you see a flop but get disconnected and time-out then you are deemed all in and your cards will go to a showdown regardless and the max you can win is whatever the pot was when you got cut off.

This is the case on limit tables but on NL it's more vulerable to abuse so PS and others scrapped the feature for them and your cards are folded when you get disconnected.

Jon
Old 11-29-2003, 12:32 AM

Default Re: no all ins?

AHH! I understand what your saying. Party Poker has all-in protection and I must say Ive been the victim of someone abusing this more than once, so this is a welcome feature as far as Im concerned.
Thanks Jon,
tboneman