Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2005, 07:25 PM

Default simple situation vs. simple opponent

The sb in this hand is extremely aggressive, and mindlessly so. After raising preflop he will continue betting if he doesn't face aggression. If he does face aggression he will look for reasons not to fold. He's not capable of putting you to the test with 3 bet semibluffs or the like.

15/30 online. sb open raises, I call in the BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

Flop is 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

sb bets, I call.

Turn is a 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Sb bets, I call.

River is 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Sb bets, I call.
Old 09-19-2005, 07:37 PM

Default Re: simple situation vs. simple opponent

I like the flop call but only if you are planning on calling down or raising any card on the turn. I'm not sure why you didn't raise the turn. He could check fold a lot of cards on the river or a card could come like a 9 where you don't feel comfortable raising the river. Since he may pay off the turn raise and river bet with Ace high I think you lost money on average here.
Old 09-19-2005, 10:32 PM

Default Re: simple situation vs. simple opponent

I like a turn raise here as you say he won't 3 bet semibluff. Against him you can just fold to a 3 bet. It sounds like he is showing down an ace high so a raise seems correct.