Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2005, 02:11 PM

Default Flop a boat, how to play the river agaisnt definite trips or better

Empire Full Ring $100NL

Hero has $100 and Villain has him sligthly covered. Read on villain is that he’s pretty loose, but not entirely crazy. His play is pretty transparent. I’ve been playing with him for a couple of hours, and twice I’ve seem him smooth call the flop and miniraise the turn when he flopped trips or a set (one time with trips and one time with a set).

Hero has 7c 7d in BB.

Preflop: folded around to CO who calls, Villain on Button calls, SB calls, and Hero in BB checks.

($4) Flop: 7s 10h 10s

SB checks, Hero bet $3, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds.

($10) Turn: 7s 10h 10s Kd

Hero bets $7, Villain raises to $14, Hero reraises to $45, Villain calls.

($100) River 7s 10h 10s Kd Jc

Hero???

OK, here’s my question. I have $51 left. I’m sure Villain has at least trip tens, but I didn’t really want to see the turn and river both be face cards. My read on Villain (from two hours of play with him) is that he’s got a 10 with a J, Q, K, or A kicker. There’s also a chance of 10-9s or 10-8s, but I’m betting on some kind of face card more times than not. I’m thinking there’s a 50/50 chance he’s filled up on me. So do I just push the rest of my money in here?
Old 09-12-2005, 02:22 PM

Default Re: Flop a boat, how to play the river agaisnt definite trips or better

Yup, shove it in. You've got pot odds unless you're 66% sure that he's filled up.
Old 09-12-2005, 04:03 PM

Push and pray. Next time bet pot on the turn. It's not getting anyone to fold (with a Ten) but it gives you more value with your hand. If he sucked out on you... so be it.
Old 09-12-2005, 04:05 PM

Default Re: Flop a boat, how to play the river agaisnt definite trips or bette

im all in.
Old 09-12-2005, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Push and pray. Next time bet pot on the turn. It's not getting anyone to fold (with a Ten) but it gives you more value with your hand. If he sucked out on you... so be it.

[/ QUOTE ]

the reason I bet 7/10 the pot on the turn was b/c there was a flush draw out there. after the flop, I figured he had either a 10 or a flush draw. I didn't want to push the draw out. And it wasn't until he miniraised the turn that I knew for sure he had trips, not the draw. I did reraise the turn pretty big in an effort to get the rest of his stack.