Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-28-2005, 10:58 AM

Default Another FF question - keeper league

After winning the championship last year, my team has fallen on hard times this year and is 0-7. Being that it is a keeper league, I am looking for some free agents that I can pick up this year, that may turn out to be key players in the future. In my league, you can keep anybody you draft in rounds 4-15 in the same spot in the next year. After that, to keep them they move up three rounds. You cannot keep players drafted in the first three rounds.

For example, I drafted Larry Johnson last year in the 15th round. This year I kept him and lost my 15th round pick. Next year, I will keep him and lose my 12th round pick.

Anyway, I have been trying to make some trades and free agent acquisitions to benefit next year. Here is my current roster, and what round I will be able to keep them in next year (please try not to laugh):

Culpepper - can't keep
A. Green - can't keep
F. Taylor - Can't keep
C. Rogers - 4th
Baltimore - 4th
B. Edwards - 6th
D. Carr - 7th
Reggie Williams - 8th
Marcus Robinson - 9th
A. Vinatieri - 10th
B. Volek - 11th
L. Johnson - 12th
M. Morris - 12th
T. Taylor - 15th
R. Ferguson - 15th

This is a 12 team league, so the talent is not very deep. Anyway, I am going to cut A. Green since he is out for the season, and am looking for a free agent to pick up that will be beneficial for next year. Anybody have any good choices?

Thanks.