Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2005, 02:16 AM

Default Re: I owe neteller money

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Your post doesn't make sense at all.

What I am asking is if they can really get money out of your attached bankaccount without you giving permission to do so.

[/ QUOTE ]

My post made no sense because you didn't understand oilcan's post apparently.

If you deposit money that you don't have, of course they have permission to try and get it as many times as they want. They won't just say "Oh he doesn't have it" and walk away. They may send you an email or call you(not sure) and let you know that you don't have sufficient funds, but don't you think it would be fair for them to try to get the money out of the account?

On the other hand, if I have never made a transaction with NT, and all of a sudden they try to take out $50, of course they can't do that. I've never heard of anyone having that problem though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be shocked if Neteller can access your account without your permission even if it were attached to your account. A bank can't even do that when you don't pay your overdraft after you get funds into your account the overdraft was protecting.

[/ QUOTE ]

A bank won't do that with an overdraft account because they are making interest and fees off of the overdraft.

Try paying your cell phone/cable/electric bill online with a checking account that had in suficient funds. The company will keep trying to debit your account for the funds until it has them. It might try once a week, and you may be charged a fee by them and the bank each time they do that.

You agreed to this in the terms and conditions of neteller/phone company/ect...
Old 10-06-2005, 03:42 AM

Default They can try to debit your

B&M bank and I am sure you can instruct the bank not to pay them - the cyber version of stopping a check.

- Read the T/C; I'm not an expert on banking law especially not international banking law.

Now that we have hashed out what they - and you - are allowed to do . . .

Why would you want to fxxk with them ?

Neteller is the best thing to happen to online poker since the affordable laptop; the ATM card alone is enough of a reason not to want to destroy this relationship.

Everybody smile and say, "tax-free income".

Add this to the fact that you did agree to deal with them in a good faith manner and I am left to ask, WHY ?

If it is your mission in life to screw them I stand by my assertion; if you want to avoid paying them you likely can.

"I was not the one who made that transaction and I did not authorize anyone else to use my account" ought to do it.

Yuck - sounds kind of sleazy but . . .
Old 10-06-2005, 06:11 AM

Default Re: I owe neteller money

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Your post doesn't make sense at all.

What I am asking is if they can really get money out of your attached bankaccount without you giving permission to do so.

[/ QUOTE ]

My post made no sense because you didn't understand oilcan's post apparently.

If you deposit money that you don't have, of course they have permission to try and get it as many times as they want. They won't just say "Oh he doesn't have it" and walk away. They may send you an email or call you(not sure) and let you know that you don't have sufficient funds, but don't you think it would be fair for them to try to get the money out of the account?

On the other hand, if I have never made a transaction with NT, and all of a sudden they try to take out $50, of course they can't do that. I've never heard of anyone having that problem though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be shocked if Neteller can access your account without your permission even if it were attached to your account. A bank can't even do that when you don't pay your overdraft after you get funds into your account the overdraft was protecting.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't have money, there is no money for them to access and take out.

Here is what happened with me. This is PayPal but I'm sure it's the same thing:

I made a transaction with PayPal. I did not have sufficient funds. I made the transaction over the weekend. They didn't try to get it until Monday morning. When they went, it wasn't there. I was charged an NSF fee by my bank of $30.

PayPal sends an email informing me of this. They say they will try again in two days. If I did not put the necessary funds into my account in two days, my bank would have charged another $30 NSF fee. This has happened to me with PayPal and T-Mobile. I'm sure Netteller is no different.

By making a transaction you ARE giving them permission to go into your account and take money. If you DON'T have that money, they WILL(and SHOULD) try again. You will rack up bank fees(and possibly fees with whatever service you used as well depending on their terms).

I already said that Netteller will not come out of the blue and try to take $50(or whatever amount) out of your bank account. HOWEVER, if you make a transaction and don't have the funds to clear it, they CAN TRY to get it. If you make a $500 deposit INTO NT, and your bank account is at $1500, the transfer will go through. However, if you make that $500 transfer, and DON'T have money, the transfer will probably go through, but when NT tries to process it with the bank it will come back NSF. You WILL get charged by the bank(in most cases) and NT will more than likely try again in a few days.

I don't understand what's so hard to grasp about that...