Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2005, 04:10 PM

Default SB vs BB, What Line do you take?

Have been sitting together for about an hour. Every single time the table folds around to him and it is just SB vs BB he has raised. I have hit one hand before and played back at him. Other times I had air and still played back at him. He folded pretty much everytime on the turn.

Seat 6: SB - Villian $1844
Seat 7: BB - Hero $2184

Villian posts small blind (10)
Hero posts big blind (20)

Dealt to Hero A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Villian raises (50) to 60
Hero calls (40)

Dealing Flop : 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB bets (75)
Hero calls (75)

Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB bets 150

Hero.....?
Old 11-23-2005, 04:12 PM

Default Re: SB vs BB, What Line do you take?

i dunno, raise everywhere
Old 11-23-2005, 04:15 PM

Yeah I realize that, but I am confident I have the best hand preflop and after the flop, I am asking so I can extract value. Just curious as to what line you would take, but apparently you would just try and not even see a flop?
Old 11-23-2005, 04:27 PM

No. Raise preflop since you have the best hand. Raise the flop since you have a big draw and possibly the best hand. Raise the turn since you likely have the best hand and, if not, plenty of outs. call, call, call. wtf is that?
Old 11-23-2005, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I realize that, but I am confident I have the best hand preflop and after the flop, I am asking so I can extract value. Just curious as to what line you would take, but apparently you would just try and not even see a flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

pre-flop is fine, but why wouldnt you want to raise the flop? you can peel off a blank turn if he checks to you too

youre not going to get "value" i think unless you put in a raise somewhere, and that flop is just too good for you not to
Old 11-23-2005, 05:00 PM

Reraise preflop. Raise the flop. Given how you played preflop and flop, calling turn is fine.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:15 PM

Re-Raise PF: You have a monster and position vs. a likely weak hand.

Flop: No reason to give him credit for anything, and you have a huge draw, looks like a nice spot for a semi-bluff. Raise it up.

Turn: Given how it's played out... call is good. His weak bet means one of a few things:
a) He's trying to price himself in on a draw, this would be excellent.
b) He has a big hand and wants you to raise him.
c) He has a weakish made hand (Overpair to the flop, Ax that hit the turn) and is trying to get value from weaker holdings.

In all of these spots, a call is best. He's drawing at 1-5 outs if you're ahead, and the pot's not too big, so giving a cheap card isn't terrible. If you're behind, that card could could be a lifesaver.

If you raise the turn, and get re-raised.... then you're in an ugly ass spot.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Reraise preflop. Raise the flop. Given how you played preflop and flop, calling turn is fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perfect.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:18 PM

Re-raise preflop most of the time but occasionally calling is fine. I like a raise on the flop because if he re-raises your push will fold a lot of hands. As played I am not raising the turn because I think his likely holdings are A)air and B) worse ace
Old 11-23-2005, 05:30 PM

Apparently everyone hated how I played this hand.

1. I usually do reraise preflop with this hand but this was a rare instance in which I just called to mix things up.

2. I raised the turn up to $350 and he folded. I was assuming the SB had sh*t.

Like I said in the opening I had been playing back at him alot and I was hoping he was going to get feed up with me pushing him around. If he would have pushed I would have instacalled.