Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2005, 04:06 AM

Default JQ s hand , how`s my line?

2/4 6 max
Very agrresive table, almost every pot is raised and reraised preflopp. co is 50/20 aggro 1,5 and has taken pride in showing his hands after raises where everyone has folded to his raises holding but trash several times
Mp is 33/7 not yet to certain of this one, sb has`nt folded his blinds to a raise yet

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls.

Given the table would u fold, call, raise?

Flop: (9 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, CO folds, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, MP calls.

River: (15.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, MP calls.

Final Pot: 21.50 BB
Old 07-29-2005, 11:24 AM

Default Re: JQ s hand , how`s my line?

I like everything except the turn raise. It's not a great semi-bluff spot, because MP's actions to this point indicate he'd like to show down a hand. However, with SB calling the raise cold it kinda worked out anyway as a value type raise, because you have a LOT of outs here. The flush and straight draws are there, plus there's a really good chance your Q and J outs could be good as well.

Your flop raise may get reraised, but with the flush draw, backdoor draw and two overcards against a maniac and people who like to chase, it's not so bad to see some chips fly on the flop.

The river is easy and you can thank the SB for betting it for you.
Old 07-29-2005, 11:31 AM

1. I agree with 'lil that the turn raise is probably unnecessary.

2. I don't know about the rest of y'all, but with a good flush draw, backdoor possibilities, and overcards, and with a third player tagging along for the ride, I am totally capping this flop. You might get free cards.

Basically, I like to gamble, and any situation where I'm probably slightly +EV on the flop with any remote tactical benefit I love to fling chips around. Because it's fun. And good stuff happens when you fling chips. And because I'm a lag.

(P.S. and because I think capping the flop is actually +EV over calling the three-bet).

Flingin' Chips,
W.D.
Old 07-29-2005, 11:43 AM

PF - i'm folding unless i'm certain that SB and BB are coming along and it's not going to be 3 bets.

Flop - I like the raise to clean up overcard outs and for value.

I'm just calling the turn. I want to keep SB in for when I hit my draw.

River plays itself.

-d
Old 07-29-2005, 11:43 AM

I don't play short handed so I have no clue about the pre flop cold call but I would cap the flop and call the turn. You don't have enough equity to be raising the turn and no one is folding. You do have a nice equity edge on the flop so might as well capp it.
Old 07-29-2005, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
PF - i'm folding unless i'm certain that SB and BB are coming along and it's not going to be 3 bets.

Flop - I like the raise to clean up overcard outs and for value.

I'm just calling the turn. I want to keep SB in for when I hit my draw.

River plays itself.

-d

[/ QUOTE ]

6 max, I probably call, especially if play has been very loose, since raising standards should be lower. Full table, I fold to a raise.

I think you cap the flop. You have a very strong draw with upwards of 15 outs. Plus everyone is along for the ride.

On turn, I would be afraid of driving people out, but if it has been as loose as this hand on previous hands, raising is probably good.
Old 07-29-2005, 11:56 AM

Yeah, That turn raise doesn't make too much sense to me. Otherwise it seems fine. I'd probably cap the flop with position but I doubt if it matters much either way.
Old 07-29-2005, 11:59 AM

I think that the fun opportunity for flinging chips that is lost by not capping the flop matters very, very much!

Just kidding... Chief's right... flop call/cap decision is going to be very close.
Old 07-29-2005, 12:00 PM

I think at this table calling preflop is acceptable.

forget the free card thing. didn't see the bet, but now that i do I am not raising, just calling.
Old 07-29-2005, 12:02 PM

Location: I\'m a FAG:Frugal Aggressive(Not that there is anything wrong with that)

cap the flop. i call the turn b/c i want sb in for draw overlay. you have a monster draw on the turn and in certain situations i may try to trap people that have already called one for additional bets, but here i certainly don't want to scare them off.