Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2005, 04:19 AM

Default 3-way Screwplay?

Fairly laggy 50/15 Button opens, I 3-bet QdJh from the SB. Tight aggro 27/15 BB calls two bets.

Flop: 2s2hJs

I bet, both call.

Turn: 5d.

I check, BB checks, Button bets, I raise...
Old 09-14-2005, 04:42 AM

Default Re: 3-way Screwplay?

Or perhaps it's just a screw-Y play! [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 09-14-2005, 04:42 AM

Id rather it be with a slightly less vulnerable hand. But I am a fan of the 3 way screwplay. Esp when the 2nd guy bets and you get to trap one.
Old 09-14-2005, 04:54 AM

I thought between the two of them it would be bet often enough. After PF and his flop call my range for BB is 22-88, a flush draw, or KJs/QJs/JTs, and I expect him to bet all of those most times, maybe check the flush draws. But even if he does check Button is still behind him and he is probably betting ~75% of the time when checked to regardless of his hand.

The way it panned out I think I probably made BB fold a flush draw, which is cool.
Old 09-14-2005, 05:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The way it panned out I think I probably made BB fold a flush draw, which is cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are dreaming, he prolly had KQ, AsTx or such. Maybe he had some pocket pair, that you would have prefered called twice.

The flushdraw isnīt folding in a pot of this size.
Old 09-14-2005, 05:57 AM

4.5 to 1 on a paired board not closing the action with a player who is acting like he has either JJ or an overpair. Would you call?

I'm not saying he definitely had a flush draw. Just can't think of many other hands that he would call with PF and on the flop then check the turn. I guess the ones you listed are plausible, though it's not like he's calling anymore bets with those anyway if I just call. So how would you play it then?
Old 09-14-2005, 06:06 AM

Yep, there is about zero chance the TAG got 2 overcards (because Hero got Q) so he got 1 overcard, smaller pair or flushdraw. We want him to call with the 2 first and since button is loose he will probably not bet flushdraw. Button will probably call with 1 overcard and its hard to see why he should bet this turn with nothing. So why not bet turn?
Old 09-14-2005, 07:04 AM

Well my idea initially was that BB either had a PP or flush draw a big majority of the time and would be betting the turn usually, so I could checkraise and often trap Button for 2 bets as well as charging BB's flush draws extra (I assume he folds PP's). After he checks and Button bets, I decide I still might as well checkraise since the only hand BB will probably overcall with if I call is a flush draw. And I'm still most likely beating Button.

After this discussion I am starting to be swayed to a bet though as it's clear I didn't consider a wide enough range for BB after his flop call.
Old 09-14-2005, 08:03 AM

Is this a standard 3-bet pf for you, despite your lack of showdown value and position?
Old 09-14-2005, 08:17 AM

Yeah. I think it's too strong of a hand to fold and calling sucks, so I 3-bet it.