Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2005, 02:37 PM

Default Re: SNG\'s.... to good to be true?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

It can be argued gambling and playing poker is morally wrong, so i'm not going to start getting all moralistic about how i choose to discuss poker either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why don't you just admit it that you were giving REAL info in that topic whatever it was. Now someone told you that it was bad, all of a sudden you say "I was giving bad info on purpose". Nobody is perfect. It's not a big deal, you can admit you were wrong and people here might start treating you nice. Now you're just making a clown out of yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was giving bad advice intentionallly and i even PM'd someone who at the time disagreed me.
Old 09-04-2005, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I was giving bad advice intentionallly and i even PM'd someone who at the time disagreed me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok. I believe you. But think about it. If someday you advance to the next level and play higher stakes. You might need some advice. How would you feel if the great players/posters here gave YOU bad advice intentionally? Actually you would deserve it. But I hope 2+2 stays good and fair. Oops but I forgot something, YOU ARE A PERFECT PLAYER. You don't need any advice.

Have a nice life!
Old 09-04-2005, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In fairness, I don't believe it's possible for you to give deliberately bad advice to anyone anyway.

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bluefeet, i seem to remember you suggesting to push TT over the top of a raise l1 (think you came out with some baloney about fold TT is too weak at the 11s). Were you intentionally giving bad advice as well, or do you really believe this to be the correct way to play this hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright...I apologize for getting involved (not my nature), but Lori just cracks me up sometimes. My last contribution to this entertaining+sad thread:

In regards to your claim......

"#2: Meh...dunno. Almost a 6x from early position. Tough call. At the 10's...this could easily be a PP < TT. I might be tempted to push over on this one - seems a bit reckless though. Calling isn't horrible, but I don't know how we're proceeding on a flop. Well, I guess I do, but don't I don't know how much less reckless your options are here either. You fold to a sizable lead w/ overs - simple enough. Do we push over a sizable lead with under? If he is holding a small pocket pair, you're possibly facing a set on a "perfect" flop of all unders. But he could have something like AK too. And then there's the chance that he is in fact holding PP >TT. I guess if a push at SOME POINT is our option, and if he is NOT folding to a push from you PF...we may as well see the flop - taking the ultimate gamble w/ unders, still holding t500 when we fold to a lead w/ overs."

I get a bit wordy at times in my replies. I think most know that I have a habit of "thinking out loud" while providing my very humble advice. If the obtainable knowledge of poker skills is an ocean, I readily admit that I still haven't gotten my (thining) hair wet - the reason why I love the game so much. So many times, I don't know that there ever is a "correct" answer to a question. I view a well contributed thread as a puzzle. Sometimes it requires many pieces to be in place, before it becomes apparent where the final/"correct" piece belongs. Contributing to this puzzle in any sincere way is personally rewarding and educational.
Old 09-04-2005, 02:51 PM

I play perfect poker everyday from 2am to 9am in my dreams.

This dude is a troll.

Seth
Old 09-04-2005, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok. I believe you. But think about it. If someday you advance to the next level and play higher stakes. You might need some advice. How would you feel if the great players/posters here gave YOU bad advice intentionally? Actually you would deserve it. But I hope 2+2 stays good and fair. Oops but I forgot something, YOU ARE A PERFECT PLAYER. You don't need any advice.

Have a nice life!

[/ QUOTE ]

Even the top players wont give top advice on anything more then basic to medium play.. I wouldn't expect them to help me out on their "tricks up their sleeves". Why do you think none of the top players ever post sets of full hand histories?
Old 09-04-2005, 03:07 PM

anyway, the game is up.. probably going to reincarnate myself under a different username soon and give bad advice to all those who seek it. Tell others to gamble those coin tosses on L1. I suggest others do the same if you want to keep the soft games going as long as possible because believe me they WILL get tougher. The advice on this forum is very good.... stop it at once! Some of you seem like little kids that can't keep a secret and have to prove to the rest that your great at poker by giving this good advice. This will affect future games for all of us. That is my final word.
Old 09-04-2005, 03:08 PM

This thread got this little flame burning to the left of it (1048 views etc), so I thought I'll take a look.

Obviously it got the 1048 views from the OP viewing it again and again, and most of the replies are the OP's replies. That is sad.

One thing regarding the actual content of this thread (I read a few random posts):

stanzee, you are an idiot.

Have a nice day and gl in your SNG career.
Old 09-04-2005, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Have a nice life!

[/ QUOTE ]

Even the top players wont give top advice on anything more then basic to medium play.. I wouldn't expect them to help me out on their "tricks up their sleeves". Why do you think none of the top players ever post sets of full hand histories?

[/ QUOTE ]

wrong, i see plenty of hand history examples from the "top players" on this site all the time. You make it sound like the "top players" are some sort of magician or jedi, purposely hiding things from you or something. If people are discussing a $109 or $200 SNG or discussing hands in large online tournaments or major live events for buyins of $1000 or more is this what you qualify as "basic to medium play" LMAO. For what it is worth you can go watch these players any time you want. Your arguments are getting real weak, and i'm sure you aren't the first to give bad advice on purpose. I've been around alot longer than my post history shows and I'm sure I've seen it before. It isn't like the whole poker playing world is reading your "bad advice" and taking it as Sklansky talking to them or something and subsequently now following your advice. It is however a great way to get forever flamed and disrespected though.

By the way your 24% ROI on $20's and 17%!?!? in the $10's is far from something you should be saying you cannot improve on and I'm pretty sure the most common occurences of you giving bad advice isn't on purpose, it's because you think it's right. Actually I think it's hilarious you think you are that good and then post those ROI's on the 10's and 20's . Move up I'm sure you will learn some lessons from those guys with tricks "up their sleeves". LOL
Old 09-04-2005, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Why do you think none of the top players ever post sets of full hand histories?

[/ QUOTE ]

I promised myself not to answer anymore. But I have to do it just once more. You are just wrong! Top players here have indeed posted full hand histories. And they have discussed some very complex poker strategy here, for everyone to see. Not everyone of course. But some have. I think it's good for poker. Just like Sklansky and co. writing these great poker books.
Old 09-04-2005, 03:19 PM

i hope everyone in this thread realizes that sng players pretty much make peanuts compared to cash game players. and for the most part arent as good poker players. which is important regardless of hourly rate, think about it.
Closed Thread