Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2005, 05:08 PM

Default whats a good number to ask how my stats look

Probally not yet, but i just got 1200 hands in PT, and wonder when i should ask some of you all to look at them. I have a mix of .02-.04 (688 hands),.05-.10 (369hands), .10 NL (41 hands), and .25 NL (101 hands). Also should I just go back and play one limit or continue on as i am. I just recently started to play the NL's. I really don't want to rush up the ladder too soon, but find the .02-.04 level dare i say like play money where people are just raising with a varitey of hands. I don't know how much good playing these types is doing my game. Any input is greatly appriciated.
Old 04-26-2005, 05:16 PM

Default Re: whats a good number to ask how my stats look

Post them when you get aroung 10k hands right now you sample size is to small...
Old 04-26-2005, 05:24 PM

total amount or an individual limit or don't matter much
Old 04-26-2005, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
total amount or an individual limit or don't matter much

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't mix the limit and no-limit numbers as they should be somewhat different animals. I'll agree with the above advice that 10,000 hands is a good number from which you can at least start to draw some conclusions. You'll have established your VP$IP, PFR% and AF, etc. but your winrate will still be pretty meaningless as unbelievable as that sounds. I remember going from a 7 BB/100 winner to a -2 BB/100 loser back to a 4 BB/100 winner in my first 30,000 hands at $1/$2. It's crazy.
Old 04-26-2005, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wouldn't mix the limit and no-limit numbers as they should be somewhat different animals

[/ QUOTE ] That is pretty much the answer I was looking for. And I was pretty sure on the 10K hands, just seems like a long time away. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 04-27-2005, 03:29 PM

Just curious as I've never posted this stuff before and since I see that 10k is a good starting point, here goes.

After 18k+ hands
VPIP=16.08%
PFR=8.55%
TA=3.29

I think I'm probably within the 2+2 range on the first two, but should my aggression be higher?
Old 04-27-2005, 08:39 PM

These stats look very very solid. If anything your AF is actually on the high side, but I really wouldn't worry about it if it is working for you. It is better to be a little too high than a little too low IMO. The generally accepted range for micros is 2-3, but don't let your stats over a few thousand hands tell you whether you are playing correctly or not unless they are way off and yours are definitely not.

Of course to complete the disclaimer, good stats don't mean you're making the right plays at the right times, just hitting the "correct" frequencies overall. You still have to think about how you are playing your hands and how they could have been better both winning and losing etc. etc.

However, it would seem very likely you are doing a lot of things right. Nice hand.