Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2005, 02:38 PM

Default Re: Party 33\'s -- Time of day, which do you prefer?

[ QUOTE ]
Strange thought (ok, I thought it was strange) ran thru my mind yesterday in a 55. I was in BB, later round. I had a marginal hand that I would normally lay down to a push.

BUT...the SB pusher was a multi-tabler that I've played serveral times who seems to implement the theories that I've read in this forum. He pushed and I thought "Fold. But wait....if I were him, I'd be pushing with almost any 2 in this situation. Let's call instead" - and I found him pushing with 94o. Cha-ching!

Sometimes the "rocks" are predictable (ok, yes, I got lucky that I read this one right). Curious if anyone else finds equity in that ??

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you post that hand? It sounds worth of discussion. I think calling there is wrong even with your read, but let's see the stack sizes, blinds, etc.
Old 12-20-2005, 02:50 PM

that's the key really. i play on stars and there's really a much MUCH smaller group of folks that are playing SnGs before 5pm. if i'm four tabling (small monitor), it's not at all surprising to have the same dude or two guys at all four during the day, where i'd say that almost never happens to me at night.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
that's the key really. i play on stars and there's really a much MUCH smaller group of folks that are playing SnGs before 5pm. if i'm four tabling (small monitor), it's not at all surprising to have the same dude or two guys at all four during the day, where i'd say that almost never happens to me at night.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hm... you have a point there. I always look at the # of players playing, but a great majority of those players play cash games only (I presume).

I used to play during Dutch afternoons, when there are 15k - 20k players online at party. Now I refuse to play during the worst hours, but I still can't play during peak hours. That's 12-6 in the night here in Holland. We should get more respect for >0 ROI's. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-20-2005, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sometimes the "rocks" are predictable (ok, yes, I got lucky that I read this one right). Curious if anyone else finds equity in that ??

[/ QUOTE ]

This has been discussed many times before. It is easier to place rocks/talented players on hand ranges, but it is far more profitable in the long run to play against fish, although it is often more aggravating.
Old 12-20-2005, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This has been discussed many times before. It is easier to place rocks/talented players on hand ranges, but it is far more profitable in the long run to play against fish, although it is often more aggravating.

[/ QUOTE ]