Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2005, 06:28 PM

Default First HH Post... flopped set

This is my first hand post. Sorry about the format, but I couldn't find a converter that worked with absolute.

UTG is a fish 85/0/0.2 after 40 hands. WTSD% of 50.
UTG+1 is slightly loose, but not out of line with aggression. 32/9/1.5. He continuation bets 90% of the time.

Absolute Poker $1/$2 (9 handed)

Hero is BB with 55.

*** Preflop ***
UTG calls. UTG+1 raises. Hero calls. UTG calls.

*** Flop ***
2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Hero checks. UTG checks. UTG+1 bets. Hero calls. UTG calls.

*** Turn ***
6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 bets. Hero raises. UTG calls. UTG+1 calls.

*** River ***
4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero checks. UTG bets. UTG+1 calls. Hero calls.

I have questions about all streets.

Preflop: I'm assuming this is an easy call here? UTG will call and payoff if I hit the set. I'm getting 5.5:1 when UTG calls. I'm assuming with implied odds thats enough to call here?

Flop: I played this way to setup a turn C/R. The other line Ithought about was to B/C and C/R turn. Thoughts?

Turn: Do I go ahead and check raise here with 4 to a straight on the board? I'm sure I have UTG+1 beat, but UTG scares me. Should I call and plan to C/C river?

River: Do I call here?
Old 11-25-2005, 06:34 PM

Default Re: First HH Post... flopped set

bet the flop, trap the fish. utg+1 will often raise Ax hands here along with his overpairs, allowing you to 3-bet and earn money.
Old 11-25-2005, 06:42 PM

Preflop: UTG+1 is slightly loose, but not out of line with aggression...fold with only 2 opponents.

Flop: check-raise or bet-raise...obvious straight draw, and I'd hate to see a 4 fall. Beware FPS.

Turn: after raising the flop, lead the turn...the 6 likely improved your FE, you might take it right there.

River: easy call...you're more likely to see an ace than a 7.
Old 11-25-2005, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bet the flop, trap the fish. utg+1 will often raise Ax hands here along with his overpairs, allowing you to 3-bet and earn money.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is where I always go wrong. I keep thinking I should wait until the big bet on the turn to raise. B/3B is the same money as C/C, C/R.

Note to self: stop slowplaying moron
Old 11-25-2005, 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: UTG+1 is slightly loose, but not out of line with aggression...fold with only 2 opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]

So 5.5:1 with one loose opponent isn't enought to play for set value?

[ QUOTE ]

Flop: check-raise or bet-raise...obvious straight draw, and I'd hate to see a 4 fall. Beware FPS.

[/ QUOTE ]
FPS? From your reply and milesdyson's i can see I played the flop badly. I always seem to want to wait until the turn to raise, but probably shouldn't.
Old 11-25-2005, 06:54 PM

What's the plan if UTG is a TAG, and both villians are of the weak/tight variety? This spot comes up often on the 1/2 crypto tables.
Old 11-25-2005, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not for me. Your implieds are killed because you don't know when UTG might bail out of the hand (a went-to-showdown number would be helpful, here), and based on UTG+1's pfr number plus his position you're not going to be able to get past the flop if bet into.

[ QUOTE ]
FPS?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fancy Play Syndrome. Play it straightforward in micros...your opponent isn't paying enough attention to what you're doing for the fancy stuff to work.
Old 11-25-2005, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll go against boz here, just because I like to do that. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I think it's fine. You need ~8:1, and you should have no problem getting that from the loose UTG+1. (Or whichever one was the 80% and 50% WTSD guy.)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
FPS? From your reply and milesdyson's i can see I played the flop badly. I always seem to want to wait until the turn to raise, but probably shouldn't.

[/ QUOTE ]
FPS = Fancy Play Syndrome.

If you never wait for the turn to raise your monster, you'll rarely be making mistake. In this case, you want to bet and trap the middle dude in between you and the PFR.
Old 11-25-2005, 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not for me. Your implieds are killed because you don't know when UTG might bail out of the hand (a went-to-showdown number would be helpful, here), and based on UTG+1's pfr number plus his position you're not going to be able to get past the flop if bet into.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed I won't get past the flop. UTG is 50% went to showdown so I think we can count on him to stay in with any piece of the flop.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
FPS?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fancy Play Syndrome. Play it straightforward in micros...your opponent isn't paying enough attention to what you're doing for the fancy stuff to work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definately guilty of that here. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-25-2005, 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Note to self: stop slowplaying moron

[/ QUOTE ]

If you learn nothing else from your first hand post then this you will have learned a great lesson for micro limit poker.