Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2005, 08:27 PM

Default Table VP$IP at Party microlimits question.

I don't have PT yet(I already used my 1k hands at Stars), but I was wondering if any Party players could do me a favor and give me an estimate of the average table VP$IP at the .50/1 and 1/2 levels. I don't need exact numbers because that's impossible. Just an estimate of the table VP$IP average at .50/1 and 1/2 full on Party.

For example: "In my estimation, the average VP$IP of the .50/1 Party tables is around 50%. The average VP$IP of the 1/2 Party tables is around 30%", etc.

Thanks guys.
Old 02-07-2005, 08:46 PM

Default Re: Table VP$IP at Party microlimits question.

From the tables I have played at Party:

(The stat PT records is average seeing the flop, which will usually be a bit higher than VPIP, since it includes big blinds who see a free flop.)

0.5/1 ASF is 41.25% after ~8600 hands
1/2 ASF is 35.75% after ~2100 hands
1/2 (6 max) ASF is 49.70% after ~2900 hands

(Note: I have had to work harder to find good 1/2 tables. I often quickly leave 1/2 tables, while I rarely do so at 0.5/1 tables.)

Also, VPIP for the entire table isn't the crucial stat. It's what the individual VPIPs are, as well as other factors. I've stayed at tables with VPIPs in the low 30s because they were great -- two or three really bad players and a bunch of rocks. Many hands had the bad players and one solid player seeing the flop, with the solid player typically raising preflop.

Get PT. Also get GameTime+ or PlayerView. These are tools that will significantly improve your play if used properly.
Old 02-07-2005, 08:56 PM

Thanks a lot for posting these stats. I guess I was mistaken. I have never played on Party before I don't have the bankroll for .50/1, but I always thought that those tables were incredibly, incredibly lose, like 70% VP$IP or more. sOME OF Stars .25/.50 tables(which I will hopefully be at soon) sport VP$IP's of over 50%.

I mean those Party stats are still good, but I can't help but feel a little disappointed. I guess I had higher looseness expectations.
Old 02-07-2005, 08:57 PM

Thanks for your help.
Old 02-07-2005, 09:02 PM

Party is tighter than Paradise, and tighter than Pacific.

I've had more difficulty staying on loose tables on Party than I have other sites, plus it is a little harder to find them, since the table selection doesn't show % seeing flop like Pacific and Paradise.

Usually the tables I'm on (.5/1 only so far) start out around 36-38% VP$IP and then wind slowly down to 26% or so (or lower before I notice it). Around 21% VP%IP people start dropping off the table and it dies completely.

KO
Old 02-07-2005, 09:21 PM

Wow I thought Party was the loosest site on the web, outside of maybe Pacific.
Old 02-07-2005, 09:26 PM

In my estimation, the average VP$IP on Party $0.50/$1.00 is about %35 for weekdays and %40 on weekends.

Table selection is everything.
Old 02-08-2005, 01:25 PM

Default Bump

Anyone else have some estimates?

Thanks much,

Dead
Old 02-08-2005, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Party is tighter than Paradise, and tighter than Pacific.

[/ QUOTE ]

I played Paradise .50/$1.00 this weekend (bonus whoring)for the first time in a very long time. I thought the games were very tough. Just guessing I'd say the avg seen flop was low 30s and avg pot was <$6. I saw a few tables playing so tough that a PF raise generally picked up the blinds (and high % of pf raises), or there was reraise and it was heads up. Played more like $10/$20. Of course there were a couple of decent tables here and there, but it was nothing like Party or Pokerroom.
Old 02-08-2005, 03:08 PM

I played Paradise before party, and found party to be much looser on average. I played a promo for Pacific, and it was the loosest thing I have ever seen in my life. Like Russian Roulette with cards.

The exact opposite is absolute. I was clearing a bonus through them and it was like pulling teeth. Tighest I had ever played on.