Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics

Old 12-30-2005, 01:26 AM

Default The last stand of the American Republic....

Great article here....

My fav. quote from the article pretty much starts it out...

[ QUOTE ]

"The much-belated exposure of George W. Bush's warrantless spy program has forced the Bush-Cheney Regime to openly declare what they have long implied -- and enacted -- in secret: that the president is above the law, a military autocrat with unlimited powers, beyond the restraint or supervision of any other institution or branch of government. Outed as rank deceivers, perverters of the law and rapists of the Constitution, the Bush gang has decided that their best defense -- their only defense, really -- is a belligerent offense. "Yeah, we broke the law," they now say; "so what? We'll break it again whenever we want to, because law don't stick to our Big Boss Man. What are you going to do about it, chump?" -

[/ QUOTE ]

On the other hand...it makes an interesting point - if the American public is willing to take such an obvious failed human being and re-elect him and poo-poo his repeated violations of our civil rights, maybe we do deserve to be slaves to his dictatorial machine.

At least you guys who voted for him do.

RB
Old 12-30-2005, 02:20 AM

Default excellent post

Old 12-30-2005, 02:32 AM

Default Re: The last stand of the American Republic....

[ QUOTE ]
such an obvious failed human being

[/ QUOTE ]

He is the former governor of Texas and two-time President of the United States. What have you accomplished?

[ QUOTE ]
poo-poo his repeated violations of our civil rights,

[/ QUOTE ]

Please explain, in detail, how any of your civil rights have been violated. Note that I'm not talking about "our" civil rights. I'm talking about YOUR civil rights. What "right" did you have before Dubya's first term began that you do not have anymore?

[ QUOTE ]
dictatorial machine.

[/ QUOTE ]

People who have lived under a real dictatorship would laugh at you... even more than I am laughing right now. Are we living in the same country?
Old 12-30-2005, 02:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Great article here....

My fav. quote from the article pretty much starts it out...

[ QUOTE ]

"The much-belated exposure of George W. Bush's warrantless spy program has forced the Bush-Cheney Regime to openly declare what they have long implied -- and enacted -- in secret: that the president is above the law, a military autocrat with unlimited powers, beyond the restraint or supervision of any other institution or branch of government. Outed as rank deceivers, perverters of the law and rapists of the Constitution, the Bush gang has decided that their best defense -- their only defense, really -- is a belligerent offense. "Yeah, we broke the law," they now say; "so what? We'll break it again whenever we want to, because law don't stick to our Big Boss Man. What are you going to do about it, chump?" -

[/ QUOTE ]

On the other hand...it makes an interesting point - if the American public is willing to take such an obvious failed human being and re-elect him and poo-poo his repeated violations of our civil rights, maybe we do deserve to be slaves to his dictatorial machine.

At least you guys who voted for him do.

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a rather embarrasing assertion by you for the above poster's explanations.

For me, you don't even have to explain how your personal civil rights have been violate, it will suffice me if you explain how civil rights in general have been violated and how America is worse of because of it?
Old 12-30-2005, 05:10 AM

An interesting pro-tapping article from an unlikely source
Old 12-30-2005, 08:58 AM

Keep one thing in mind, the phone numbers were found in cofiscated computers, phones and other devices seized from terrorists.

Had the President NOT acted on the material obtained from terrorists and there WAS an attack that killed friends, family or other Americans would you be outraged that he didn't act?

"You cannot make a poor man rich by making a rich man poor"
Old 12-30-2005, 09:16 AM

"Please explain, in detail, how any of your civil rights have been violated. Note that I'm not talking about "our" civil rights. I'm talking about YOUR civil rights. What "right" did you have before Dubya's first term began that you do not have anymore?"

That is exactly how people in Mousilini's Italy thought. You should move to China so the rest of us can keep our freedom.
Old 12-30-2005, 09:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Are we living in the same country?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. There is a different America for red states and blue states. There is a different America for Republicans and Democrats. There is a different America for men and women. There is a different America for adults and children. There is a different America for Christian, Muslim, Jew, Hindu, Taoist, Wiccan, and Buddist. There is a different America for Black, White, Asian and Hispanic. There is a different America for rich and poor. There is a different America for any idealogue who wants to make one for the advancement of their own power and influence. There is different America for everyone.
Old 12-30-2005, 09:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That is exactly how people in Mousilini's Italy thought. You should move to China so the rest of us can keep our freedom.

[/ QUOTE ]

no no no. You are making a claim, so you are going to justify it. None of this "that's what so and so said in such and such country. Get out of America!"

You say your civil rights have been violated. Tell me how.

If you can't, then they haven't.
Old 12-30-2005, 09:50 AM

It's not the results, it's the intent that counts.

Only this is the first debate it sticks out to me that liberals are using that one to attack someone, not simply try to defend their actions.