Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-28-2005, 03:59 PM

Default NL 400 KK hand

This is my first NL post. I am usually a tournament player.
NL 400 6 max
No reads, I havent been at the table long

I have KK utg and make it $12
everybody calls around to the bb who makes it $65
I reraise to $180
folded around to the BB who calls
Flop of A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
BB pushes for about $200 in a $400 pot
I have about $200 left. I call.

The only hand i could put him on was AA/AK but AK seemed pretty unlikely because I had 2 of the Kings and I didnt think he would open push if he flopped TPTK. I am also interested in what the right play is for PF. I couldnt decide because a standard reraise would be almost half my stack and have me pot committed if we saw a flop.
Old 12-28-2005, 04:38 PM

Default Re: NL 400 KK hand

i would think aa would reraise pf alln so his call preflop could be qq/kk/aa and maybe a donk played ak/jj

after u put half ur stack in preflop its hard to fold to an ace on the flop but it could save u 200
Old 12-28-2005, 04:45 PM

I'm guessing this guy had an A, hence the post. Instead of making it $180 to go, I would have just pushed to his raise PF.
Old 12-28-2005, 05:35 PM

I think you played the hand fine. Certainly not a leak if you lost it.

There are times to flat call the bb-raise preflop (I would if i was new to the table, people are more likely to give you the respect you dont want here), and times to push 3-bet, but in a vacuum there's nothing wrong with repoping it because a lot of weak players at nl400 will continue with 1010-QQ with no good plan for the flop.
Old 12-28-2005, 06:00 PM

The problem here is that it's not really so much of a "push" as it is a bet of half the pot. It's pretty standard, whether he has AK or he has QQ.

Either way, you're calling here. Because you only have to be right ~35% percent of the time to be correct. You're getting great odds. Either your buddy has AK, QQ, or AA; he MIGHT have JJ, though I think you have to be really lucky in that scenario.

If you REALLY knew your opponent to be an intelligent player who understands all of this, then you may lay this down. He may know that you know you are getting 2 to 1 and therefore you are going to call, because you are a 2+2er, and many of us advocate such a call given the percentages [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. Most likely than not, this is not the case. Still, I think you should make the cryyyyyying call.

Argun
Old 12-30-2005, 01:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have about $200 left. I call.

[/ QUOTE ]

so what was the outcome
Old 12-30-2005, 06:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm guessing this guy had an A, hence the post. Instead of making it $180 to go, I would have just pushed to his raise PF.

[/ QUOTE ]
This push is only worth making if you have decided preflop that you are willing to get your chips in if an ace were to show. A huge raise like this will likely only get called by the hand that is beating you, AA.
Old 12-30-2005, 08:51 AM

most likely AK, AA, QQ, or KK in that order..maybe JJ if he's dumb. I think I make it 200 PF. Other then that, played fine IMO