Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2005, 07:35 PM

Default Re: My Video (short - 6:39)

On the AK hand u bet the flush river after being called down...if your bet was raised Im assuming u are calling right?

Also, what do u do if it goes: you bet, player 1 raises, player 2 cold calls?

Just curious.

Also, make a longer video sometime. And if u edit it...at least wait until after showdown to cut the video to the next hand.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, make a longer video sometime.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this size is fine. 10 minutes is probably optimal for me. Once it starts getting too much longer, I think it becomes tedious to do it all at once.

You also don't want to discuss 15 different hands all in the same thread.
Old 11-28-2005, 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On the AK hand u bet the flush river after being called down...if your bet was raised Im assuming u are calling right?

Just curious.

Also, make a longer video sometime. And if u edit it...at least wait until after showdown to cut the video to the next hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't find the hand you are talking about. Recheck the video.

I don't like long videos. I'll make a bunch of short ones.

Why should I need to keep the showdown in the video? I don't want to influence people when I show video. It's like showing results in a hand post.

Krishan
Old 11-28-2005, 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Why should I need to keep the showdown in the video? I don't want to influence people when I show video. It's like showing results in a hand post.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think seeing the showdown is one of the best reads you can get on a player, and I think it puts the rest of the video in context. The purpose of the video is to show a continuous flow of play. I agree it is worthless in a hand post, but I think the value of possible reads makes up for the struggle to remain unbiased.
Old 11-28-2005, 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think seeing the showdown is one of the best reads you can get on a player, and I think it puts the rest of the video in context. The purpose of the video is to show a continuous flow of play. I agree it is worthless in a hand post, but I think the value of possible reads makes up for the struggle to remain unbiased.

[/ QUOTE ]

You do get some showdowns. I only edit ones that I think are particularly worthy of discussion. I'll keep the read value of showdowns in mind when I do my editing.

Krishan
Old 11-28-2005, 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think videos are turning out to be a great resource. The only thing that could be added to them is when you see certain plays in one hand that influence your decisions on later hands. For the most part, it is kind of impracticle though, as usually you folded the hand, and so we don't really want to waste a whole 40 seconds of video just to give one hand that might help as being a read for later. If the opponent shows something crazy on a hand you were in though, I think it might be helpful to show the hand. I guess you only need to do this if you think it might help with other hands, which may not be that often.

Another idea that I was thinking about was to record a 800x800 video, and keep a small textpad at the bottom of your table to write notes to the reader of the video. You would need to make sure that these notes are written, or at least shown during you are playing a hand, so as to not add unnecessary time to the video. Once the text has been shown for a few seconds, it can be deleted to write the next note.

I did this in my original video with TStone, and I thought it was helpful, because he was able to comment on hands that I played standard, but that I was unsure about, and had asked a question.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Just curious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

Very last hand of the video. As far as showdowns, I dont really think it influences ppl at all, they are watching u play the hand. Just because they see the showdown should not influence them...its just the jumps are like, "wait...wtf happened." There is no closure to the hand, so I find myself having to go back a few seconds on each new hand.
Old 11-28-2005, 10:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Just curious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

Very last hand of the video. As far as showdowns, I dont really think it influences ppl at all, they are watching u play the hand. Just because they see the showdown should not influence them...its just the jumps are like, "wait...wtf happened." There is no closure to the hand, so I find myself having to go back a few seconds on each new hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

i pause the videos and make my responses before i see the showdowns.

i use previous showdowns to factor into later hands.
Old 11-28-2005, 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Just curious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i pause the videos and make my responses before i see the showdowns.

i use previous showdowns to factor into later hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I play the video in Virtual Dub, so I can seek foward at my own pace. This allows me to figure out what I would do before I see what the person in the video does. Otherwise, I might see a hand, say "oh, that looks good", but in reality, I would have done something else differently.

Kinda the same concept as when you read other replies to posts, and just agree with them, rather then first replying with what you would actually do, and then seeing that you were wrong.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:36 AM

Nothing really to add that hasn't been said already, but seeing as I watched it I will make a few comments:

1) Really nice video. I think this short/edited/1-table is just by far the easiest to watch. I think everyone should make them like this -- can we have a sticky guide please?

2) Nice table selection. How come whenever I sit at the Party 15/30 6-max it's full of LAGTAGS?

3) I play almost all of the hands the same

4) 44 I've stopped stealing this against LP players, and I'm not convinced its +EV against these players from the CO.

5) AA fine, I raise one of the big street too, and call a 3-bet.

6) 62s. Not sure what I do on the flop or what is correct. I'm guessing that raise/fold/call are probably quite close in value. Played like you did, I'm definately checking the turn and expecting to get a free-card a good proportion of the time. A turn bet may fold the sb's Ax etc, but UTG is going nowhere.