Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2005, 03:30 PM

Default Re: My Video (short - 6:39)

Would you have checked behind on the 99 hand if the board didn't pair? Or were you going to bet?

I liked the way you played it BTW.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:32 PM

the 62s hand, goes roughly like

krishan in BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

2 LP limpers, sb (30/22/2.2) raises, krishan calls, limpers call

flop K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]42r (8 sb):
sb bets, krishan raises, limper 1 calls, limper 2 folds, sb calls.

turn J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (7 bb)
sb checks, krishan bets

it sure feels like we are behind and that we are going to get called in two places here. it seems like SB either has a pair or a gutshot and in any case probably isn't going to fold. do you think LP calls the flop with A high a lot here? it feels like we can get a free card if we check. I really don't know if that's right though.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:33 PM

2:46 - You complete 95s in the SB with one limper. This is kind of an either or, but I'm not a fan of trying to get in with these hands OOP.
4:00 - You raise 44 in the CO with a really loose button and little chance of an actual steal. I'd just let it go.
5:30 - The SB raises and you call in the BB getting 7:1 with 62s. This is great. The flop comes down K42 one of your suit. SB leads and you raise. I'd just let it go. I'd take 1 off closing the action.

What was the result for the AA hand?
Old 11-28-2005, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2:46 - You complete 95s in the SB with one limper. This is kind of an either or, but I'm not a fan of trying to get in with these hands OOP.

[/ QUOTE ]

with a 2/3 blind structure I think this is a very easy call
Old 11-28-2005, 03:36 PM

Whoops, my bad.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

with the 68o if i remember correctly the pfr was utg, so when you call you can c/r the whole field pretty easily. and you are closing the action. but with the 62s hand you can never trap the whole field for 2 bets because the sb is gonna bet the flop almost always.

[/ QUOTE ]

With marginal blind hands, I'd rather have the PFR on my right than on my left. Hand protection over check raise opportunities. I also value a flush over a straight. The 62s call was really easy. 68o isn't a bad call I don't think. I don't know the odds on flopping a straight draw with a 1 gapper for one thing.

Krishan

99 hand. i love the way you played it agains the lag. if the guy was more passive i would proly check behind the river.

saw in the text that you won but i want to know what your opponent had. i think that is an important reason for making videos. now, multiple, impartial observers can develop reads independently. seeing showdown is the most dependable and worthwhile way to make reads imo.

44 hand. i like betting the drawheavy turn against passive players. obviously that is the last bet you put in the pot.

aa hand. i like it. i assume you only called the river. 4betting would be spewing i think given the action.

i usually 3bet the flop since it makes it harder for them to get away from lower pairs. also, they freeze up on some turn cards. given a pair of kings and this board it is highly unlikely that villain will freeze (the only card that will scare them is an ace) so i like your play.

nice table selection btw.

[ QUOTE ]
Would you have checked behind on the 99 hand if the board didn't pair? Or were you going to bet?

I liked the way you played it BTW.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm betting the river regardless.

Krishan
Old 11-28-2005, 03:38 PM

how did you edit the video?
Old 11-28-2005, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

5:30 - The SB raises and you call in the BB getting 7:1 with 62s. This is great. The flop comes down K42 one of your suit. SB leads and you raise. I'd just let it go. I'd take 1 off closing the action.

[/ QUOTE ]

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (8 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP folds, SB calls.

Turn: (7 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, SB calls.

River: (10 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks.

Final Pot: 10 BB

I think if I'm going to call I have to get involved on a K high flop like this one. Anyone else chime in?

Krishan