Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2005, 07:53 PM

Default Weird NL Situation, what would you do?

Playing $200 buy-in, 3-5 Blind NLHE in LA. Built up my stack to 500, tight aggr. image, bunch of strangers at table, just one regular. Haven't played in two orbits. EP raises to 25(standard), two callers in MP, I pick up AA on Button and raise to 100. SB(new palyer, $200 stack) calls, others call as well. Pot $500. Flop Q-10-8 all spades. Check, check, MP all-in for 240(crazy player, would call you down with any pair hoping to make two pair or he would push on any flop) so he could have anything, next player also moves all-in for 150. Action is on me, I have the A of spades. I'm probably behind put have a lot of outs and start counting out chips. The SB starts kicking me under the table. At first I thought it was an accident, but he kept doing it. I couldn't imagine him calling half his stack preflop with J-9 or K-J, but who knows. Figure he may have hit a set, but again I've got lots of outs so I call. SB moves all-in for 100, original preflop raiser folds. Crazy MP shows a set of tens, next player K high flush draw, I show my aces, SB J-9 of spades for a flopped straight flush! The turn pairs the Q, giving us a chance at the Bad Beat Jackpot if I can spike an Ace, but the pokers gods were not so nice as the river blanked. My question is,
A) Have you ever had a stranger(or friend) try to signal you to fold so blatantly?
B) Would or could you fold in my situation?
Thanks for any feedback.
Old 11-19-2005, 10:45 PM

Default Re: Weird NL Situation, what would you do?

a: No
b: No

SB not like your money? If he really didn't want it did he offer to give it back after the hand?
Old 11-19-2005, 10:55 PM

Are you sure that SB was blatantly trying to kick you and not just involuntarily kicking you because of his nervous excitement over flopping a straight flush?
Old 11-19-2005, 10:56 PM

Raise to 125-150 preflop. The 100$ after 2 callers is weak.

No, but you still get to call anyway because you have A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. If you did not, easy muck.