Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How many BB/100 do you win in limit?
Just show me the results, please. 8 5.19%
Lose more than 2 BB/100. 0 0%
Lose 1-2 BB/100. 2 1.30%
Lose 0-1 BB/100. 3 1.95%
Win 0-1 BB/100. 16 10.39%
Win 1-2 BB/100. 72 46.75%
Win 2-3 BB/100. 33 21.43%
Win 3-4 BB/100. 15 9.74%
Win 4-5 BB/100. 3 1.95%
Win more than 5 BB/100. 2 1.30%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-08-2005, 06:49 PM

Default Week 1

I know. I know. But this is different. Most forums have a poll for the games so you can get a general concensus. Also, before anyone says it, this is different than Easy Es thread because I am interested in opinions on all games, not just your top four games. I sometimes like to bet opposite the consensus so this information can sometimes be worthwhile. Lines from Canbet as of noon on 9/8. On to the games.....
Old 09-08-2005, 09:53 PM

Default Re: Week 1

Great Thread.

Clearly you guys should dump more money on Indy!
Old 09-09-2005, 11:35 AM

Just as I figured, Denver over Miami and St Louis over San Francisco are the two biggest choices. Anyone have the guts to parlay Miami and San Francisco? Any value there because of the public perception of those two rotten teams? I don't think I can do it but it's actually a great situation as both teams are at home.
Old 09-09-2005, 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just as I figured, Denver over Miami and St Louis over San Francisco are the two biggest choices. Anyone have the guts to parlay Miami and San Francisco? Any value there because of the public perception of those two rotten teams? I don't think I can do it but it's actually a great situation as both teams are at home.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Gutless.... punk"
(from Stripes, for those who don't know)
Old 09-09-2005, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Any value there because of the public perception of those two rotten teams?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know absolutely nothing about football handicapping and wouldn't even really know where to start? But I do know if I can consistently get on the opposite side of Joe Six-Pack I will probably be +ev. I find consensus fade a very powerful strategy when betting "spread" sports.

If you do this poll in the future (I hope you do!) please give a view results option as I wouldn't want to queer the results by actually voting.
Old 09-09-2005, 01:06 PM

I thought about putting a "Not voting - View Results" button but then decided I would rather force people to vote to get more votes in there. I also wanted to keep the votes hidden so that people wouldn't be persuaded one way or the other before making a choice.

I flew from AZ to MN for one day (Tuesday) just to participate in a fantasy football auction. I flew back on Wednesday. I would have put up the poll earlier in the week had I not been traveling. The more votes/opinions there are, the more accurate it is. I will try to put up a poll each week but if someone else beats me to it, that is fine by me.

I too fade public perception. In the 3+1 thread, I have the Rams for $200 and my reason was only because they were playing the 49ers and they suck. I should know better. Most of the country feels the same way and there is probably value in that line. Is there enough value? I don't know.

I use similar logic every year during NCAABB when unranked teams are favored over ranked teams (as most of you remember from last year). This weekend for college football there is a similar situation where Maryland is a 2 point favorite over Clemson. I may put a small wager on Maryland. I'm not sure if that trend works for football as much as it does for basketball.
Old 09-09-2005, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Any value there because of the public perception of those two rotten teams?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know absolutely nothing about football handicapping and wouldn't even really know where to start? But I do know if I can consistently get on the opposite side of Joe Six-Pack I will probably be +ev. I find consensus fade a very powerful strategy when betting "spread" sports.

If you do this poll in the future (I hope you do!) please give a view results option as I wouldn't want to queer the results by actually voting.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you line shop, maybe. But, I doubt just by betting against the public you will win more than 52%. You will have to line shop and possibly get reduced vig. At least in the NFL.

craig
Old 09-09-2005, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
At least in the NFL

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed as I find the NFL the toughest of all in this regard. College hoops is pure money and college FB pretty good when talking consensus fade. But since I haven't an iota of a clue how to value an NFL game it's my only real source a small fun/action wagers so I stay interested. I bet NFL very small and very rarely because I don't know how.
Old 09-09-2005, 06:08 PM

finally football season is here...i can start betting again. i find nfl and college fb better for sports betting than college hoops and nba. week 1 is always tough to bet for nfl though..
Old 09-09-2005, 06:27 PM

NoChance,

these threads are fun and i hope you continue making them each week.

so funny this forum faded the home dogs...

who hasnt read sharp sports betting?? [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]