Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2005, 11:08 PM

Default Dumping JJ\'s... to soon to late?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (17.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero folds.

Turn: (16.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

River: (22.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 folds.

Final Pot: 24.25 BB

No reads. I think maybe I should've called that last SB on the flop, but the Button's Cap really sold me that he had AA's. Plus the UTG+1 chose to checkraise two raisers.

I'd like to know what peoples opinions are on this. Thankyou.
Old 06-04-2005, 11:13 PM

Default Re: Dumping JJ\'s... to soon to late?

If you want to fold the flop, fold when it's 2 to you, not when it's 1 to you getting 32-1 on your 22-1 longshot.

I personally fold when it's 2 back to me.
Old 06-04-2005, 11:13 PM

thats a bad fold on the flop. You are getting more than enough odds to hit a third jack. If you are going to fold then you should have folded earlier.
Old 06-04-2005, 11:17 PM

I don't think this is a bad fold.
Old 06-04-2005, 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think this is a bad fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is an atrocious fold. Hero is faced with a single bet closing the action in a 32.5SB pot.

The time to make a correct fold is when you're faced with 2 cold back to you on the flop. Once you made the mistake of calling there, that money is gone and you're obligated to call the last bet given the pot odds.
Old 06-04-2005, 11:22 PM

I understand I lost a half a SB bet "if I'm going to fold" I want to know if I "should've called or folded".

I thought about folding when it was 2 cold back to me but I still called. But the cap sold it for me if that makes any sense.

Do I fold sooner or call all the bets on the flop is what I would like to know.
Old 06-04-2005, 11:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The time to make a correct fold is when you're faced with 2 cold back to you on the flop. Once you made the mistake of calling there, that money is gone and you're obligated to call the last bet given the pot odds. I'm also gay.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was merely suggesting that it was correct to get out of there on the flop... I agree that it should have been after the first 2. You
Old 06-04-2005, 11:48 PM

I'm not capping preflop with JJ without some kind of read on button as a loose preflop raiser. What legitimate 3-betting hands are you infront of here? Really only AK and AQ (and some people wouldn't 3-bet AQ). Everything else has you crushed, and 3 overcards can come to beat you on the flop as well. Just call the 3-bet and see how the flop develops.

I'd fold when it comes back two to me on the flop, because there's the chance of getting it capped behind you. Folding for one bet to the cap is pretty bad though, the pot is massive. If a J came on the turn, you would probably be on tilt for the rest of the night.
Old 06-04-2005, 11:58 PM

If it were HU or maybe 3-handed, I'd likely call; however, with two players in the middle, I'd go ahead and cap.
Old 06-05-2005, 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The time to make a correct fold is when you're faced with 2 cold back to you on the flop. Once you made the mistake of calling there, that money is gone and you're obligated to call the last bet given the pot odds. I'm also gay.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was merely suggesting that it was correct to get out of there on the flop... I agree that it should have been after the first 2. You

[/ QUOTE ]

Then it's important to clarify your response when someone new to the forums posts a hand like this, lest you give the wrong perception. As written your post could easily be misinterpreted to be in support of OP's line of reasoning:

[ QUOTE ]
I thought about folding when it was 2 cold back to me but I still called. But the cap sold it for me if that makes any sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, and judging from your creative editing of my post, you might also want to consider taking things less personally in the future; my post wasn't intended to be an attack on you. Just a thought.