Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2005, 03:36 PM

Default Re: Smoking Weed

[ QUOTE ]
This is all well and good when you are 21. Do you think you will feel the same way in 5 years? 10 years?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am 5-10 years later (9 years to be exact, I am 30) and I have to tell you that I still smoke on my "off time". My off time includes after work and weekends. I don't smoke during the work day (or at work for that matter), I never smoke and drive (although every stoner I know swears this is not only possible, it makes driving easier) - I am just too worried about getting pulled over and in serious trouble - which kills the high. I am also married (no kids) with responsibilities (mortgage etc... - like a real adult).

The important thing to understand about weed is that it is essentially the same as booze in that it alters your mood/perception/senses, for some in a good way, for others in a negative way. I used to drink before I found weed, now I basically don't - I smoke a joint instead.

I treat my Jay at the end of the day the same as one would treat a glass or two of wine with a meal or a drink before they eat. Ofcourse, this means that I spend my weekends "drunk" - but you know what? I wouldn't have it any other way. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Toke it easy,
Jack
Old 07-27-2005, 03:40 PM

I am someone who has lots of experience with weed, both good and bad. Now just keep in mind that my point of view is from someone who used to smoke a lot of weed, also sold a lot of weed, and thanks to a good lawyer didn't go to jail for the selling aspect. So I have seen every side of it. I spent 8 years smoking it on a good frequency. It can be very fun. As long as you just remember to have fun with it, you'll be fine. Also, remember that the first time you smoke it, you might not get high, it could take a few times. BUt my recomendation is that you should get high a few times before you come to any conclusions. Your first time you'll get mad munchies and eat tons of stuff. THis will happen a few times, smoke it enough times to get past that. I would also recomend that you be picky with what you smoke. Don't smoke any weed that is brown and basically smells like ass. That is what's known as schwag. It is very cheap, and really just leaves you with a headache. It will give you nothing but bad experiences with weed. Good stuff will ususally cost in the range of $50-60 for an eigth of an ounce. It will be very pungant and you will see "crystals" on the bud itself. It can be of a variety of colors, and is really what you want to smoke if you want to have a positive experience, IMO. If you find something with seeds in it, then look for something different. In good bud you will almost never get any seeds, you will occasionally get a seed here or there, but it will generally be seedless. Good luck and hope you enjoy yourself
Old 07-27-2005, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am someone who has lots of experience with weed, both good and bad. Now just keep in mind that my point of view is from someone who used to smoke a lot of weed, also sold a lot of weed, and thanks to a good lawyer didn't go to jail for the selling aspect. So I have seen every side of it. I spent 8 years smoking it on a good frequency. It can be very fun. As long as you just remember to have fun with it, you'll be fine. Also, remember that the first time you smoke it, you might not get high, it could take a few times. BUt my recomendation is that you should get high a few times before you come to any conclusions. Your first time you'll get mad munchies and eat tons of stuff. THis will happen a few times, smoke it enough times to get past that. I would also recomend that you be picky with what you smoke. Don't smoke any weed that is brown and basically smells like ass. That is what's known as schwag. It is very cheap, and really just leaves you with a headache. It will give you nothing but bad experiences with weed. Good stuff will ususally cost in the range of $50-60 for an eigth of an ounce. It will be very pungant and you will see "crystals" on the bud itself. It can be of a variety of colors, and is really what you want to smoke if you want to have a positive experience, IMO. If you find something with seeds in it, then look for something different. In good bud you will almost never get any seeds, you will occasionally get a seed here or there, but it will generally be seedless. Good luck and hope you enjoy yourself

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like you know what you are talking about.

I would hesitate to give any price ranges as those vary from state to state (and country to country ofcourse) but do try to stay away from weed that is dark green/brown in color and anything with more than 1 or 2 seeds in the bag. If the weed you get is flat (like you would get by putting a flower in a book and closing it) and you can easily see a lot of stems/seeds - stay away, it isn't worth your time/money.

I am at work here but can someone post some pics of quality buds vs. shitty buds?

<font color="white"> I feel like I am initiating someone into a secret society - very uplifing! </font>
Old 07-27-2005, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
toke a needed, objects may appear more edible then they actually are

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-27-2005, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have a beer or two a day at most...Nothing strong...Occasional cigar/cigarette. All of this in moderation. I have heard that weed stays in the body longer and makes u dumb...Not sure.

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

It only stays in significantly longer if you do it in excess. Beer also makes you dumber. You can also use marijuana in moderation just as you are currently using booze. If you thought of it as "smokeable beer" you'd be reasonably close.

[/ QUOTE ]

you also can use alcohol without breaking the law.

[/ QUOTE ]

i can smoke weed without breaking the law. in my case it is almost EXACTLY smokable beer, except i hate beer [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

rj
Old 07-27-2005, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good stuff will ususally cost in the range of $50-60 for an eigth of an ounce.

[/ QUOTE ]
Holy, that's expensive. You can get a great eigth covered in crystals for $20-25 around here (British Columbia).
Old 07-27-2005, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Good stuff will ususally cost in the range of $50-60 for an eigth of an ounce.

[/ QUOTE ]
Holy, that's expensive. You can get a great eigth covered in crystals for $20-25 around here (British Columbia).

[/ QUOTE ]

That's incredibly cheap. I've seen all over from $40 to up to $75 for quality bud in my area. Mostly $45-$60 here too though.

Ponks
Old 07-27-2005, 04:20 PM

If your have never smoked weed and want the best experience possible, heres what you have to do.
get on a plane, fly to vancouver, BC, Canada. from there, rent a car and drive 7 hours east the small town of Nelson on the BC/Alberta border just off the rockies. This is home to the best weed in the world (three years in a row winner of the Cannabis Cup in Amsterdam). Get a nice big nugget, roll up a fattie, sit on a park bench (nobody will bother you) and have a blast.
cheers.
Old 07-27-2005, 04:22 PM

Weed is great.
Old 07-27-2005, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, Ive smoked 3 blunts in succesion and havent felt high before

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop smokin that cheap [censored] and get some real stuff..

Its all about quality really.

really potent stuff will get you high after just 2 or 3 tokes and a joint can last 2 or 3 people an entire night... Cheap skunk weed can be like drinkin O'douls and expecting to get wasted.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't smoke dope but this is basically how I think a connoisseur would view it. I heard the expression once, "In order to qualify you must be high" so why do it if you don't get high or you have to do alot to get a weak high.