Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2005, 01:25 AM

Default Poker Tracker or PokerOffice?

I have both Poker Tracker and PokerOffice but am not really familiar with either. I've seen some posts where people asked which was better, and some people say PT, some say PO. At first glance, PokerOffice seems like a superior product. Are there any important features that PT has that PO doesn't?

I'm also wondering if anybody can direct me to a guide on playing low-limit ring games with PT. I've read the guide at bet-the-pot.com, but still feel a little bit like I'm in over my head. Thanks!
Old 07-27-2005, 01:53 AM

Default Re: Poker Tracker or PokerOffice?

I LOVE poker office. I find it much more intuitive and It has all the features I want in a program. Just my 2 cents.
Old 07-27-2005, 08:59 AM

I use both. I really like PokerOffice, especially the overlay and the way it records peoples actions throughout the hand. But for detailed analysis, you NEED to use Poker Tracker. PokerOffice (as far as I know) doesn't have the ability to view full Hand Histories and replay hands.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:42 AM

For a beginner, all the stats are not the most important part of PT. It takes a while to get enough hands into PT for many of the stats to be significant.

The best part of PT for a beginner is the hand replayer. After you play a session (or the next day) replay every hand where you won/loss more than 1 big bet. (Easy to do by clicking on the Game Notes tab and sorting by won/loss.) Replay those hands displaying your opponents hole cards. Did you make any mistakes? How did your opponent play? Was there a better way to play it?

The ability to quickly locate hands of interest and replay them after a session is IMHO the best feature of PT until you get enough hands for stats to be meaningful (and even then is still one of the most useful features.)
Old 07-28-2005, 05:17 PM

how does Poker office Deal with multiple tables?

peace
billyb
Old 07-28-2005, 08:21 PM

Seems to work all right but reportedly can have trouble reading if the tables are overlapping.

Can anybody tell me how I would use PokerTracker to identify the "leaks" in my game and fix them?
Old 07-28-2005, 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have both Poker Tracker and PokerOffice but am not really familiar with either. I've seen some posts where people asked which was better, and some people say PT, some say PO. At first glance, PokerOffice seems like a superior product. Are there any important features that PT has that PO doesn't?

I'm also wondering if anybody can direct me to a guide on playing low-limit ring games with PT. I've read the guide at bet-the-pot.com, but still feel a little bit like I'm in over my head. Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

Just bought poker office, and all i have tp say is Poker office for life!

Handles the live stats ect so much better then pt. It also handles multi-tableing very well. Ilove it. However its play review is weak and charts misleading. PT is almost the complete oppsite...

heres my review of both

Poker Office

Display (how it handles) A
Live Statistics (ur oppenents stats, urs, the tables ect) A+
Usage (how easy it is to pick up and use)A
Play review B
Graphs and Charts C
Multi-tableing A

Poker Tracker

Display B
Live Statistics C
Usage B
Play review A+
Graphs and Charts A+
Multi-tableing B

As you can see both excel in different areas, but until you have a huge hand sample, id go with Office.

Use both
Old 07-28-2005, 11:36 PM

So PokerOffice seems better for someone just getting started. I know Pokertracker did very little for me as I got started; it wasn't until I cracked 10k hands that it started to make sense. But that could have just been poker experience -- the stats didn't mean much to a newb.

I've been coaching my bro as he starts out in the nanos -- I'll take a look at it from that perspective.
Old 08-02-2005, 02:26 PM

PO is lacking in many areas of analysis (e.g. no hand histoy review or replay, no BB/100 graphs, etc.), but the overlay and general ease of use vs. PT is what sold me. That and the fact that is can optionally use a MySql DB which is nice for performance (I believe PT has gone to Postgress or MySql, but at the time of purchase it still used a slow file based DB). New versions of PO will include a lot of these missing features (hand history replay is just around the corner for example). Both authors are very active on improving their respective products so you can't go wrong either way.

Personally, I vote PO, but only by a margin.